Wedding Planner Nora Sheils (nee' Totonchy) joined us with some simple ways to avoid becoming a bridezilla!
- Plan ahead and plan well
- Maintain perspective
- Stick to your budget—nothing will stress you out more than blowing the bank
- Do not stress over the bachelor party---if you don’t trust him already you have bigger issues
- Don’t have unrealistic weight expectations—crash dieting and being hungry will only put you in a bad mood
- Get a massage and leave the week of the wedding for pampering
- If something goes wrong, shrug it off and don’t let it ruin your day. You are probably the only person that notice
- Confirm all of your vendors prior to the wedding day
- Get a wedding planner!
Tips for the groom
- You may not care about the teeny details but you are part of the wedding too. Pick a few things that are important to you and have an opinion. Let your fiancé know she’s not in this alone
- Be a support---planning is stressful so help her relax. Cook her dinner, run a few errands
- Be a buffer to your parents.
- Manage your men—make sure they are measured for their tuxes on time and they know where to be and when
- Get sentimental—on the day of your wedding send your bride a sweet card and gift or maybe later at the reception have the videographer tape a special message to her. She will see it and she will appreciate it.
For more information, visit Nora's website.