It's hard to believe that summer's winding down. That means it's time to start gearing up for the kids going back to school.
Online Consumer Advisor, Regina Lewis, joined us via satellite today to give us her 5 Cyper Back-to-School Must Do's:
- Seek out Shopping Deals – Hunt for Coupons (Online/Offline): The back-to-school season kicked off this month and will last through mid-September. And, while it’s considered the second-busiest retail period behind Christmas, U.S. back-to-school spending is estimated to decline nearly 8% compared to 2008. To woo shoppers, retailers online and off are offering doorbuster deals, but knowing where and when to look for them is the key.
- Set Rules for Social-Networking: Be on High-Alert when it comes to social networking – kid’s posturing, showing off, and trying to be popular at all costs. This kind of behavior often heightens right before school starts/right when it starts.
- Tend to Tech Safety: – Beware of Cell Phone “Sexting” – An emerging trend that has parents and educators alarmed. If you're worried about what your teen may be viewing in text messages or online content, Regina has tips on setting cell phone boundaries.
- Watch for Cyberbullies: The new school bully is not on the playground … “Cyberbullying” has fast become a problem school administrators, and in some cases law enforcement, are having to address.
- Reverse Summer Brain Drain: Regina has the inside scoop on academic quizzes, SAT prep and online resources to re-train you kid’s mind after a long summer.