Fine Artist and Craft Designer Rebecca Shapiro joined us with a great craft for kids and adults alike.
- Colored Sharpie markers + Glitter gel pens
- Tacky glue + Judikins DG3 Art Gel
- Bottle caps (twist off or unused)
- Fine glitter
- Print out or copy the Halloween images onto cardstock. You can also make your own pictures or cut out circles from magazines, used cards, kid’s art, etc.
- Color the Halloween art with Sharpie markers. Embellish each circle with glitter gel pens. Cut out each circle and set aside.
- Squirt the Art Gel into the bottle caps and coat the bottom evenly. Watch for air bubbles and pop with a toothpick.
- Then, tap fine glitter to cover the Art Gel.
- Set aside to dry. As the Art Gel dries it may shrink from the bottle cap sides. Simply patch with a little dab of Art Gel and more glitter. Let dry fully (usually overnight).
- Once the glittered caps have dried, take the Halloween Art and cover the back with tacky glue. Glue down to the center of each bottle cap. If you don’t glue the art down, the Art Gel will make the paper curl.
- Then squirt a coat of Art Gel over the art work, popping any bubbles with a toothpick. Check 5-10 mins until all the air bubbles surface. Let dry fully (usually overnight).
- Then, squirt a final coat of Art Gel over the art work. Again, popping any bubbles with a toothpick.
- Once the bottle caps are fully dry, turn over and dab some tacky glue to the center back. Affix one magnet to the back and let dry. Voilà! You have a Spooky Halloween Magnet!
For the Halloween images Rebecca showed, click here.
Visit Rebecca's craft site. Or visit Rebecca's fine art site.