Female Sexual Dysfunction
Sociologist Dr. Pepper Schwartz joined us to talk about female sexual dysfunction and how it can negatively impact a woman's sex life.
• A woman’s sexual health affects her overall health. Studies have found that women who experience a sexual health issue, such as female sexual dysfunction, often reported that it affected one or more aspects of their life, such as their weight, self-esteem and emotional health.
What is female sexual dysfunction or FSD?
• All of these disorders can impact a woman’s overall health and quality of life.
What are the different types of female sexual dysfunctions?
Are women actually experiencing these issues?
What can women do if they are experiencing a sexual health issue?
• Many sexual health issues can be successfully addressed through education, lifestyle changes, counseling, and treatment.
• It’s important to speak with your health care provider about any sexual health issues you’re experiencing.
• You can click here for information about your sexual health and for materials to help get this conversation started with your health care provider.