Feeling overwhemled by the holiday season? Psychotherapist and life coach Didi Zahariades, MA, joined us with some simple way to have a more fulfilling time.
- Be realistic: Spend time reviewing your schedule in advance. Remember you can’t say Yes to everything; leave room on your plate to be spontaneous.
- Put You on your own to-do list: Find a balance between time on your own and time with others. Give yourself time to re-charge your energy with down-time as well as activities. You are expected to have fun during the holidays; so make time for things you like; stay on your own To-do list!
- Do something new/different this holiday season, just for you &/or your family: Re-evaluate your holiday traditions; just because it used to work doesn’t mean it still does. Create new traditions that serve your family.
- Get some exercise: Make this holiday about MORE than just food with friends. Be a friend to you also.
- Focus on Quality time, not Quantity time: Focus on the activity/person; invest quality time. Be cautious of consistently focusing on the next event, person, or future project. Be present and mindful when you have something scheduled or simply have coffee with a friend.
- Spend more time, and less money, on your gifts: Family and friends love the idea that you took time on their gift. It truly is the thought that counts; when you take the time to put thought/energy into a gift it is appreciated. It is also a good way to enjoy a day verses fighting the crowds at the mall.
- Play and Enjoy!: Fun ‘play days’ create better pay-days! It is as important for an adult to play as it is for a child. We put time into those things/people we believe are important; find time to enjoy and have fun with those important to you.
For more information about Didi, visit her website.