Radon Awareness

Your home may harbor a hidden danger.  Radon is a colorless, odorless gas that is the second-leading cause of lung cancer.  Bev Stewart of the American Lung Association of Oregon and Marlene MacEwan, whose husband died of lung cancer caused by radon, joined us to make us aware of this danger.

For more information on radon and radon testing, visit the American Lung Association of Oregon's website.  They'll also be holding a series of Radon Awareness presentations that are free and open to the public:

  • Tuesday, January 19th, 7 – 8 PM
  • East Portland Coalition Office
  • 1017 NE 117th Ave.
  •  
  • Friday, January 22nd, 7-8 PM
  • West End Building
  • 4101 Kruse Way
  • Lake Oswego, OR 97035
  •  
  • Wednesday, Feb 3rd, 7-8 PM
  • McMennimins Kennedy School
  • Concordia Community Room
  • 5736 Northeast 33rd Ave.
     

YouNews

This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.