Personal Finance Editor Andrea Chalupa joined us with her five tips for maximizing your tax return:
- Getting Started: What you need to know and where to begin, whether you are filing yourself or going to a tax preparer.
- How to Get a Great Return: Tips to stay organized, know what deductions to look for, and get your money FAST!
- Be Aware… A lot has Changed: The Tax Code is constantly changing, know which adjustments affect you.
- Things You Can Write Off but Never Knew That You Should: From sources of income you may have overlooked to getting back for giving back, the unexpected deductions you may not have considered.
- Getting a Refund?: How the IRS can work for you, When to expect your money, and why to avoid Refund Anticipation Loans.
For more information, visit her website.