Gear up to bare your body-- swimsuit season is upon us! Laure Redmond, self-esteem coach and author of Feel Good Naked, joined us with some simple ways to clean up your act and enjoy the skin you’re in; best news: it can be enjoyable!
- Focus on Adding not Subtracting Instead of dwelling on what you can’t eat, focus on what you can eat and make it tasty, i.e., homemade kale chips with sea salt, garden burgers with a slice of your favorite cheese, edamame with sea salt.
- Face Trouble Head-on Emotional eating is a result of stuffed feelings. It’s not always best to stay calm in an upsetting situation, try letting go instead of mindlessly eating.
- Your Thoughts are Your Compass Every thought immediately affects your body so why not think kind, encouraging thoughts. You are your best therapist and you rock like Jennifer Aniston.
- Indulge in 300 delicious calories every night Whether it’s air popped popcorn, yogurt or a waffle. Give yourself permission to indulge in this limited way; it will make the rest of your sacrifices doable.
- Move it Move it Move it It doesn’t have to be hard, but it does have to be daily. Every day you must move for a minimum of an hour ~ this is non-negotiable!
- Find the Best Swimsuit for Your Figure Don’t confuse your curves as a bad thing. Curves are sexy; you just need to know how to dress your special features and to stand up taller.
- Purpose is Power Psych yourself up with a wellness ritual like daily juicing, meditation or dance; which will make you better prepared to handle any situation confidently.
For more information, visit Laure's website.