It's one of favorite segments on the show. We put a new batch of your household hints to the test to help make your life a little easier:
- Mailing Boxes: Instead of scribbling out logos and mailing labels or wrapping over your box as required by the post office, instead turn your used box inside out and tape/glue it back together. It's easier and nicer looking to use the clean surface of the inside of the box.
- Contact Lens Case Spice Holder: Use the extra cases that come free with your solution to pack small amounts of salt, pepper, and spices for a camping trip or even to work.
- Eliminate Wrinkles While On-the-Go: Use a flat iron to touch up wrinkled shirt fronts and collars.
- Foil Funnel: Can’t find a funnel? Make one out of foil! Use it for everything from pouring oil in the car to putting salt in the shaker.
- Lint Roller as Glitter Pick-Up: Clean up glitter (and tiny pieces of construction paper) after craft time-- just take the lint roller out and roll, roll, roll!
- Clean a Dirty Eraser: To revive a dried-out eraser or clean a smudged one, lightly rub it over an emery board. This leaves you with a good-as-new mistake-removing surface.
- Clean a Vacuum Roller: Use a seam ripper to cut the threads, hair and other stuff from your vacuum roller brush. This also helps restore vacuum to maximum power.
- Coffee Grinder Cleaner: Grind a handful of rice in your grinder and the fine particles will absorb stale odors and clean out residual grounds and oil. Discard the rice and wipe clean.