If your home is in a style rut, why not try one of the fun new spring decorating trends? Interior Designer Lora Coburn stopped by to show us her favorites.
TREND 1: HAIR-ON-HIDE
No more are the cowhides just a fantastic rug. It's a hair-on-hide revolution with the
beautiful upholstery now covering tables, barware and even lamps.
- Chose a shorter fur for summer and longer fur for winter
- Decent options for color and pattern
- Great way to add texture
TREND 2: RADIANT ORCHID
Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the
imagination.” – Pantone
- Works well with hunter greens, turquoise, teal and light yellows
- Reenergizes almost any color palette
TREND 3: FUR AND LAMBS WOOL
Adds comfort to a room while exuding luxury.
- Good faux fur feels almost as good as the real thing
- Huge assortment of pattern and color
- Trend stands the test of time
TREND 4: GLAM KITCHENS
This is the year to dress up the heart of home, your kitchen. Bringing in gem tones, soft brass,
chrome and golds and sexy surfaces creates a dramatic space.
- So much time is spent in the kitchen, create a room that makes you feel a little
- more glamorous.
- Vibrant, gem colors and luxe patterns
- Add a unique light fixture and additional accent lighting for warmth
- Don't forget the accents-door knobs, dish towels, serving pieces
You'll find more fun ideas on Lora's Coco Designs Blog.