PORTLAND, Ore – And the first local fire of fireworks season was at … a carwash, of all places.
Fire investigators determined the fire on SE 82nd Ave. was started when somebody threw a firework into the car wash shortly after 10 p.m. on Monday night, igniting a large brush inside.
Crews at one point deemed it a two-alarm fire because the carwash is in the same lot as a gas station.
The business was still closed on Wednesday.
Two workers suffered minor injuries from falls, but declined treatment.
It’s unclear whether the firework was legal. Damage estimates were unavailable.
If you have any information, call the Clackamas fire prevention office at (503) 742-2660.