OREGON CITY, Ore. -- Law enforcement officers, public safety officials and members of the public will gather on Thursday afternoon to celebrate the life and work of Officer Rob Libke, the Oregon City police officer killed in the line of duty.
The celebration of life will follow a procession of hundreds of law enforcement vehicles escorting Libke’s family to the memorial service.
Details on the procession
The procession will start at 10:45 a.m. at Clackamas Community College.
Section 1 - Map
- Through Oregon City, north on S. Molalla Avenue
- Left on 7th Street westbound to Washington Street
- Northbound on Washington Street to 14th Street
- Left on 14th Street to SE McLoughlin Boulevard (Highway 99E)
Section 2 - Map
- Right onto SE McLoughlin Boulevard to northbound Interstate 205
- Exit to westbound Interstate 84
Section 3 – Map
- Approaching Interstate 5, exit toward Convention Center/Moda Center merging onto NE 1st Avenue
- Turn left onto NE Multnomah Street
- Turn right onto N. Interstate Avenue
- Turn right onto N. Larrabee Avenue
- Turn right onto N. Winning Way to access parking structures
Oregon City police suggests anyone wanting to view the procession be in place by 10 a.m.
Other drivers who use that route are encouraged to find alternate routes between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Thursday. Drivers should not stop along the freeway shoulder to watch the procession.
Organizers expect that there will be plenty of safe viewing locations along the route.
The following roads will be closed or temporarily blocked during the procession:
- Highway 213 near Clackamas Community College and Oregon City streets along the route will be closed until the procession has cleared.
- As the procession approaches Interstate 205, the northbound lanes will be temporarily blocked. All on ramps to Interstate 205 northbound lanes between Oregon City and Interstate 84 will be blocked until the procession has cleared. On ramps will be re-opened as the end of the procession clears each interchange.
- Access to Interstate 84 westbound lanes will be blocked in the vicinity of the Interstate 205 interchange until the procession has cleared the area.
- All on ramps to westbound Interstate 84 will be blocked between Interstate 205 and Interstate 5 until the end of the procession has cleared each freeway access area.
- Interstate 5 is not expected to be closed but area travelers may experience congestion and delays near the Moda Center area (interchange Exit 302A).
- Portland city streets in the venue vicinity will be closed along the route until the procession has cleared the area.
Transit riders along the processional route may experience slight delays as they wait and hold for procession to proceed.
Details on the celebration of life
Location: Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Time: Thursday, Nov. 14 at 1 p.m. (doors open at noon)
Parking and transportation: Members of the public can park for free in the Garden Garage lot. Organizers encourage people to use public transportation and expect heavy traffic in the area.
More details will be released on the Oregon City Police Department website as they are finalized.