Southwest Portland

Restaurant evacuated in SW Portland after carbon monoxide leak

PORTLAND, Ore. – A Southwest Portland restaurant was evacuated Saturday afternoon after a cooling unit began leaking carbon monoxide into the building, firefighters said.

A Hazardous Materials team responded to The Old Spaghetti Factory and found carbon monoxide in the air, according to Portland Fire and Rescue spokesman AJ Schaffer. Two people were treated at the scene but they did not need to go to the hospital.

Crews used ventilation fans to remove the carbon monoxide from the building, Schaffer said.