PORTLAND, Ore. -- One of the biggest fundraisers each year for fighting breast cancer is on Sunday in downtown Portland.
Registration for Susan G. Komen's Race For The Cure begins at 6:30 a.m. at Tom McCall Waterfront Park.
Here are some things you should know about road closures:
- Northbound Naito Parkway/Front Avenue, between SW Jefferson and NW 26th Avenue, will be closed from 7 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Some portions of northbound Naito north of SW Oak Street may be re-opened by 10:15 a.m.
- Southbound Naito Parkway, between NW 26th and SW Columbia, will be closed from 7 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Some portions of southbound Naito from NW 26th to SW Ankeny Street may be reopened by 10:30 a.m.
- NW 9th Avenue, from NW Naito Parkway to NW Davis, will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- NW Broadway, from NW Davis to W Burnside, will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- West Burnside will be closed in both directions between 6th and 9th Avenues from
7:45 to 10:30 a.m.
- SW Broadway, from SW Burnside to SW Main, will be closed from 7:30 a.m. until 10:45 a.m.
- Cross traffic will be permitted at certain key intersections during the event, however, whenever safe gaps in the runners occur.
- SW Salmon, between SW Broadway and SW Naito Parkway, will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Start Line: SW Pine Street and Naito Parkway.
- Finish line: SW Yamhill Street and Naito Parkway.
KATU News will have ongoing coverage of the race live from 7 to 9 Sunday morning.