Tualatin

Two hospitalized with life-threatening injuries following house fire

Two hospitalized with life-threatening injuries following house fire
Photo courtesy Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue.

Aloha, Ore. - Two people were badly injured when the second floor of a house in Aloha went up in flames early Wednesday morning.

The fire happened around 3:15 a.m. in the 2400 block of Southwest 214th Place in Aloha.

When fire crews arrived, they immediately went to the second floor to try to find a woman they were told was trapped there. They found her and got her out, but she was not in good condition. Two other people were able to escape the fire prior to that, but one of them, a man, was also badly hurt. Both he and the woman have life-threatening injuries. The third person was not hurt.

Firefighters were able to get the fire out within about 10 minutes.

A fire investigator with Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue determined that the most probable cause of the fire was smoking material that ignited lightweight combustible material in a bedroom. The home did have working smoke alarms.