It's that time of year again - a time for fireworks and hot dogs, patriotism and family. To help you with your 4th of July planning, we've put together a guide on where you can watch fireworks, which ones are illegal and tips to keep you and your family safe during the holiday.
If there's something we missed, send us an e-mail to let us know so we can add it to the list. Have a happy Fourth of July, everyone!
Fireworks Shows/4th of July Events
- What's the weather going to be like? Latest forecast
- Camas - 4th of July Fireworks
- Canby - General Canby Day
- Clatskanie - Heritage Days
- Corbett - Corbett Fun Fest
- Downtown Portland - Safeway Waterfront Blues Festival
- East Portland - Independence Day Parade (July 3)
- Estacada - Timber Festival with Fireworks
- Happy Valley - 4th of July Family Festival
- Hillsboro - 4th of July Parade
- Hood River - Parade & Fireworks
- Independence - Western Days, An Old-Fashioned 4th of July Celebration
- Lake Oswego - Star Spangled Parade/Fireworks
- Longview - Go 4th Celebration
- Molalla - Molalla Buckaroo
- Mt. Angel - 4th of July Parade and Fireworks
- North Plains - North Plains 4th of July Celebration
- Ridgefield - 4th of July Celebration
- Ridgefield - Freedom Festival at Pekin Ferry (July 6)
- Rockaway Beach - 4th of July Celebration
- Salem - 4th of July Celebration at Riverfront Park
- Seaside - 4th of July Old Fashioned Social and Parade
- Seaside - Fireworks on the Beach
- Silverton - Oregon Garden's July 3rd Fireworks
- Southeast Portland - Oaks Park's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular
- Southwest Portland - Cedar Hills neighborhood 4th of July Parade - SW Park Way between Cedar Hills and SW Walker Road. Starts at 9 am.
- St. Helens - A Time to Remember - events around town, including a pancake breakfast, "doggie dash" and fireworks display at dark on Sand Island, across from Old Town St. Helens.
- St. Paul - 4th of July Rodeo
- Tigard - Old Fashioned 4th of July Celebration
- Vancouver - Independence Day at Fort Vancouver
- West Linn - 4th of July Celebration
*Note: The fireworks show at Blue Lake Regional Park has been canceled this year but there will be picnics and activities during the day. The park will close at sunset.
A Reminder About Illegal Fireworks
Illegal fireworks can be quite dangerous - leave the big stuff to the experts and stick to the legal fireworks:
- Oregon's legal fireworks
- Washington's legal fireworks
- On KATU News: Officials allow fireworks stand to reopen after lowering 'the boom'
Non-emergency numbers to report illegal fireworks or issue a noise complaint:
- Multnomah County: 503-823-3333
- Washington County: 503-629-0111
- Clark County: 360-696-4461
- Clackamas County: 503-655-8211
- Yamhill County: 503-434-6500