PORTLAND, Ore. – Have you ever looked around your home and thought, "This just doesn't feel right?" Many of us are design challenged, and some of us don't even realize it. The rest of us are always looking for ideas.
That's why we're bringing you a day full of content intended to help you easily fix or makeover your home, and all on a budget. Even if you're a renter, many of these tips can still apply to you.
We begin Monday by focusing on curb appeal – how to make a great first impression without spending a lot. Then, an interior designer shows you how to rework a room – without spending a penny. Next we show you the right way to paint, while saving time and money. Then we show you the cheap and easy way to stain your deck, while debunking a big myth. Finally,we show you how to tame the piles and piles of stuff that accumulate in many of our homes, covering the dos and don'ts of getting organized.
Here's a quick preview of the video content we'll be posting on this page throughout the day Monday:
1. Curb appeal: How to make a great first impression without spending a lot
(click the arrow to watch the video below)
2. Rearranging: How to redesign just by using what you have (click the arrow to watch the video below).
Before rearrangin After rearranging
3. The right way to paint: If you own a home - even if you rent - chances are you'll paint at some point. But there's a right and wrong way to do it. KATU's Angelica Thornton shows us how you can skip the hassle with beautiful results (click the arrow to watch the video below).
4. Saving a dingy deck: You can save thousands of dollars in deck repairs by staining your deck. KATU’s Angelica Thornton spent a few days with a local professional to show you how to do it right (click the arrow to watch the video below).
5. Tame that mess – how to stay organized: Here's advice you can use in any room at home and at the office. KATU’s Angelica Thornton shows you the do’s and don’ts of getting organized (click the arrow to watch the video below).