PORTLAND, Ore. – Thousands of revelers will line route of the Rose Festival Grand Floral Parade on Saturday morning as it snakes from the Rose Quarter through downtown Portland. There will also be plenty of drivers cursing the fact they didn’t plan ahead and got stuck behind police barricades along the route.
If you’re not going to the parade make sure to plan ahead to avoid a traffic nightmare.
Below is a list of closures affecting I-5, I-84 and I-405.
- The Rose Quarter (Broadway/Weidler exit 302A) off-ramp from northbound Interstate 5 will be closed from approximately 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Rose Quarter/City Center (exit 302A) off-ramp from southbound I-5 will be closed from approximately 9:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Convention Center/Rose Quarter off-ramp from Interstate 84 westbound will be closed from approximately 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Motorists will be able to use the ramp connecting I-84 westbound to I-5 north during the Convention Center/Rose Quarter ramp closure.
- The Interstate 405 northbound off-ramp to Salmon Street will be closed from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Several surface roads will also be closed along the parade route, including parts of NE Weidler, Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, the Burnside Bridge and several streets in downtown.
- Map of the parade route (PDF)
Read more about the Grand Floral Parade in our Rose Festival parade guide.