Seven Oregon chefs, one distiller and one bar program are in the running for James Beard Awards.
Semifinalists for the prestigious culinary prizes were announced Thursday. The Oregon representatives are:
Best chef, Northwest
- Greg Denton & Gabrielle Quinonez Denton, Ox - Portland
- Trent Pierce, Roe - Portland
- Naomi Pomeroy, Beast - Portland
- Adam Sappington, The Country Cat - Portland
- Cathy Whims, Nostrana - Portland
- Justin Woodward, Castagna - Portland
- Joe Kim, 5 Fusion and Sushi Bar - Bend
Outstanding wine, spirits or beer professional
- Stephen McCarthy, Clear Creek Distillery - Portland
Outstanding bar program
- Clyde Common - Portland
Oregon was shutout in the rising star chef of the year, best new restaurant, outstanding restaurant, outstanding chef, outstanding pastry chef, outstanding service, outstanding wine program, outstanding restaurateur categories. Winners will be announced at the 2014 James Beard Awards celebration in New York City May 2 and 5.
The Portland Business Journal is KATU.com news partner.
More from our partner: Portland's 25 most expensive neighborhoods of 2013