Black Friday. For some people, it’s a holiday in itself.
The KATU Problem Solvers have these tips on what shoppers can do before the big day:
1. Study the Black Friday ads
Most are already leaked on websites like blackfriday.info and theblackfriday.com
2. Shop online before Black Friday
Some retail stores, like Wal-Mart, have offered online sales during Black Friday week that are the same as the ones in the stores. Those deals are often combined with no shipping costs. Some stores even offer online exclusives you can’t get by walking into the actual store.
3. Sign up for email alerts and Facebook promos
Some stores will offer loyal customers special coupons and discounts not available to everyone else.
4. Check out the return policy before you buy, especially with electronics
If you open the box and try to return it you could get slapped with a restocking fee.
5. Ask about a price-match guarantee
It could save you a lot of needless driving.
6. Don’t be afraid to just wait
The best time to get the greatest deals on toys is actually during the two weeks before Christmas.