Getting a Christmas tree? We're here to help
Now that Thanksgiving is over, the Christmas holiday season is officially here. That means it's time to get the family favorite - the Christmas tree.
Of course, if you prefer a fake one to a live one, that'll be easy. Either you already have one stored away or you're probably planning on buying one this year.
But if you love the smell of a fresh tree in your house and want a real one, we've put together a list of options, including getting your own permit or visiting a tree farm or lot. And of course, if there's a Christmas tree farm or lot in your community that's not on the list, send us an email so we can add it!
TREE CUTTING PERMITS
Make a family trip out of the tree hunting experience by heading out in the woods to cut your own. Permits are fairly cheap.
CHRISTMAS TREE FARMS/LOTS
- Bob's Garden Center at 18135 S.W. Tualatin Valley Highway
- Ringle and Son Tree Farms at 22700 S. Beavercreek Road
- Stardig Tree Farm at 16665 S. Spangler Road
- Victorhill Farm at 14935 S. Leland Road
- Holiday U-Cut Tree Farm at 5365 S.W. 209th Avenue
- Lolich's Family Farm at 18407 S.W. Scholls Ferry Road
- 4J's Tree Farm at 12862 S.E. 352nd Avenue
- Donahue Farm at 30503 S.E. Church Road
- Dutcher's Farm at 33755 S.E. Compton Road
- Usher's Tree Farm at 27252 S. Pelican Court
- Bob's Garden Center at 21735 S. Springwater Road
- Natural Nobles U-Cut Tree Farm at 2188 S. Fellows Road
- Melcher Trees at 12635 Checkerboard Road N.E.
- Bob's Garden Center at 28821 S.E. Powell Valley Road
- Tony's Garden Center at 10473 S.E. 172nd Avenue
- Furrow Farm at 25877 N.W. West Union Road
- Hagg's Tree Farm at 18175 S.W. McCormick Hill Road
- Helvetia Christmas Tree Farm at 12814 N.W. Bishop Road
- Tree lot at Schoolhouse Square at 5001 River Road North
- Tree lot at 1500 Taft Street (between Roths and Tesoro)
- List of tree farms on Oregon's Mt. Hood Territory website
- McCann's Noble Christmas Tree Farm at 20990 S.W. Jaquith Road
- Loch Lolly Christmas Forest at 28366 N.W. Dorland Road
- Mitchell Christmas Tree Farm at 19850 N.W. Dixie Mountain Road
- Sky Ranch Tree Farm at 24800 N.W. Sky Ranch Road
- Allen's Tree Farm at 19101 S. Redland Road in Oregon City
- Deininger Farms at 18681 S. Fischers Mill Road in Oregon City
- Historic Kirchem Farm at 19723 S. Bakers Ferry Road
- Maddox Farm at 19665 S. Lyons Road
- Merrywood Farm at 12328 South Casto Road
- St. Nick's Christmas Tree Farm at 16710 S. Gerber Road
- Wheeler Tree Farm at 19565 Central Point
- Boy Scout Troop 351 lot at Southeast 45th and Powell
- Plumper Pumpkin Patch and Tree Farm at 11435 N.W. Old Cornelius Pass Road
- Sauvie Island Farms at 19818 N.W. Sauvie Island Road
- Skyline Tree Farm at 1600 N.W. Skyline Blvd.
- Tony's Garden Center at 10300 S.E. Holgate Blvd.
- Tree lot at corner of Northwest Skyline and Cornell Road (near Skyline Burgers)
- Tree lot at the intersection of North Detroit Avenue and Killingsworth Street. Monday through Friday from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tree lot next to the El Mirador Mexican restaurant at 1660 Lancaster Drive N.E.
- Hamburg 4D Tree Farm at 36731 S.E. Hauglum Road
- Christmas Mountain Choose and Cut at 25470 N.W. Dixie Mountain Road
- Sleighbells Farm and Gift at 23855 S.W. 195th Place
- Wanvigs' Christmas Tree Farm at the corner of Southwest Baker Road and Westfall Road
- Boy Scout Troop 799 lot at 14385 S.W. Pacific Highway
- Lee Farms at 21975 S.W. 65th Avenue
- Thornton's Treeland at 7617 N.E. 119th Street
- Tree lot at Northeast 107th Avenue and Covington Road
- Farrel Farms at 3000 S.E. 362nd Avenue
- Washougal River Christmas Trees at 39336 N.E. Washougal River Road
- Boy Scout Troop 149 - selling trees at Hammerle Park at 1505 Lewis Street. Open weeknights from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and all day on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Frog Pond Farm at 2995 S.W. Advance Road