Footwear and apparel giant Nike Inc. announced a slew of management changes Thursday, including the retirement of 34-year Nike veteran Charlie Denson, president of the Nike Brand since 2006.
"Charlie's contributions to Nike are deeply significant and he's helped build the brand around the world," CEO Mark Parker said in a news release. "We have a thoughtful succession strategy in place and have built a highly experienced, consumer-focused executive management team with the expertise, acumen, and brand knowledge required to continue to build sustainable growth for Nike Inc. for the long term."
Denson's retirement, effective January 2014, set off a string of management changes.
Trevor Edwards was promoted to Denson's former role, effective July 1. Edwards is executive vice president of Brand and Category Management.
Eric Sprunk was promoted to chief operating officer and will oversee manufacturing, sourcing, IT and procurement. Sprunk is executive vice president of Merchandising and Product.
Gary DeStefano, a 31-year Nike veteran and president of Global Operations, also announced his retirement, effective July 29.
"I would like to thank Gary for his leadership, particularly for the important role he played in building our geography structure around the world and his dedication to the company," Parker said in the news release.
Other executive changes:
- Jeanne Jackson, president of Direct to Consumer, becomes president of Product and Merchandising.
- Thomas Clarke, president of New Business Development, becomes president of Innovation
- Elliot Hill, vice president and general manager of North America, becomes president of Geographies and Sales.
- Jayme Martin, vice president and general manager of Global Running, becomes vice president and general manager of Global Categories.
- Christiana Shi, vice president of E-commerce, becomes president of Direct to Consumer.
- Joaquin Hidalgo, vice president and general manager of Emerging Markets, becomes vice president and general manager of North America.
- Roland Wolfram, vice president and general manager of Nike Football, becomes vice president and general managing of Emerging Markets.
- Patrick Seehafer, vice president of Global Footwear for Converse, becomes vice president and general manager of Nike running.
- Dermott Cleary, vice president and general manager of Nike Sportswear, becomes vice president and general manager of Nike Football.
- Dirk-Jan van Hameren, vice president of Nike Sportswear for Western Europe, becomes vice president and general manager of Nike Sportswear.
The Portland Business Journal is a KATU.com news partner