- Story Updated Tue Mar 11 17:12:36 PDT 2014
Cop sees "heartbreaking" loss as meth makes a comeback
The 17-year-old sat in jail last week telling a reporter things were supposed to be different.
Brett Pearson that said instead of being there, he should have been at home having dinner with his parents. The problem was that he and a friend of his, according to police, had shot and killed his mother and shot and wounded his father.
Why did things go so wrong?
Meth, he told the reporter.
- FBI agent focuses on mystery of active shooters
- Illmaculate's immaculate idea on race relations: We can make it better
- Court papers paint picture of fractured Woodburn Police Department
- Audit of Sex Crimes Unit shows progress but "tragic outcomes" still occur
- Police chief credits 'heroes' doing their jobs in arrest of serial hotel robber
- As judge considers settlement, questions remain on dealings with mentally ill
- Crash witness: What amazes me is that no one was killed
- Four teens facing charges after allegedly torturing boy
- Portland: we're just not like other places
- Murder victim's brother to killer: 'You can't hide from God'
- Fighting years of gentrification's "destructive" effects
- More top stories...