Details emerge in Horman family 9-1-1 calls

Details emerge in Horman family 9-1-1 calls »Play Video
In a June 11, 2010 file photo Terri Horman and Kaine Horman, the father of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, stand together at a press conference at Brooks Hill Historical church in Portland, Ore.

PORTLAND, Ore. - There was not one but two 9-1-1 calls placed from Kyron Horman’s home last Saturday night, the Bureau of Emergency Communications confirmed Wednesday.

A log of the calls revealed the first report came in at 5:18 p.m. and lasted 13 minutes. Dispatchers said it came as a report of threats being made in the family’s home on Sheltered Nook Road in Northwest Multnomah County.

The second 9-1-1 call was made from the home at 11:39 p.m. and was recorded by dispatchers as a child custody issue.

The calls came on the same day Kyron’s father, Kaine Horman, moved out of the family’s home taking the couple’s 18-month-old daughter, Kiara with him.

The Bureau of Emergency Communications wouldn’t confirm who made the calls.

Two days later Kaine filed for divorce from his wife, Terri, who is Kyron’s stepmother, and was granted a restraining order under the Family Abuse and Prevention Act.

That order barred her from being near the couple’s daughter and prohibited her from owning firearms.

Judge Keith Meisenheimer sealed the restraining order because he said if it was made public it could put the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Kyron in jeopardy.

KATU News has joined with other local media organizations in filing a “motion to intervene” to get the order unsealed.

Former FBI profiler and ABC News consultant, Brad Garrett, said there must be some pattern of abuse in this situation or something Kyron’s father knows that the public doesn’t and the police believe has happened.

“What’s interesting is that we don’t know of any history with Terri as far as abusiveness to any of her children,” he said. “So there’s something under the surface here that we don’t know about and obviously it reached a point, possibly last week, that the husband move(d) forward.”

The developments have left Terri increasingly isolated but her parents are with her at her home and there are also friends who’ve stuck by her.

She has yet to say anything publicly about reports that she’s taken two polygraph tests, been interviewed extensively by police, and has also not spoken about the fliers bearing her picture handed out by investigators.

“It’s almost like a psychological noose that they’re pulling around because as you separate from her and she has no one to cling to … the feelings maybe are, ‘if we can push her just a little bit further she’ll actually tell us the truth,’ because I think they feel like they’re close,” said Garrett.

She’s a woman who proudly shares on her Facebook page photos of herself from bodybuilding competitions, describes herself as “energetic, honest (and) loving.” She answered a question on a Facebook quiz that if she were an animal in the wild, she would be a cougar.

Terri has been looking to hire an attorney but it’s unclear whether anyone is officially representing her.

Kyron disappeared June 4 after attending a science fair at Skyline School.

Police have not named any suspects in this case and have not charged anyone with a crime.