The Multnomah Circuit Court announced it will boost rates for seven types of parking violations.
Specifically, the changes will boost the fines for:
- Not having a meter receipt from $45 to $60.
- Improper display of a meter receipt from $34 to $39.
- No front or rear plate from $55 to $80.
- Improperly parking in a permitted zone from $60 to $80.
- Parking in a carpool zone from $70 to $90.
- Parking in a truck loading zone from $65 to $90.
- Logging overtime in a truck loading zone from $65 to $90.
The city’s transportation department has sought ways to defray its deficits for the past several years
Circuit Court Administrator Doug Bray said the changes aim to put Portland’s fines in line with those levied in other cities.
Each new penalty amount is effective on Feb. 7 except for one. The truck loading-zone overtime fine increases take place July 1.
The Portland Business Journal is a KATU News partner.
More from our partner: Top 5 Northwest resorts