Fire at apartment complex leaves 7 homeless

Fire at apartment complex leaves 7 homeless

VANCOUVER, Wash. – A fire tore through a Vancouver apartment complex early Sunday morning, forcing seven people from their homes.

Witnesses said several residents jumped from their apartment to safety.

No one was seriously hurt, according to Vancouver Fire spokesman Kevin Murray. Two people suffered minor smoke inhalation.

Seven people lived at the four-unit complex on NE 48th Circle. The fire started at around 4:45 a.m.

A candle left unattended caused the fire, Murray said.

The fire caused an estimated $280,000 in damage.

The Red Cross is helping the residents find a place to stay.