VANCOUVER, Wash. - A 12-year-boy suffered third-degree burns and had a sparkler wire embedded in his arm on Thursday night, one of four injuries from two separate fireworks accidents in Clark County.
The boy, along with a 13-year-old and a 21-year-old, were injured when a sparkler bomb went off earlier than expected in the Arnada neighborhood. The 12-year-old suffered cuts in several places, while the 21-year-old had multiple burns and cuts on one leg.
The boy was sent to Legacy Emanuel’s burn center, while the other two went to PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center with lesser injuries.
Another man suffered a blister burn on his leg when he was burned by a roman candle outside a bar on Lewis River Rd. He was sent to the hospital with a second-degree burn.