Gas leak leads to evacuation of Sandy Fred Meyer store

Gas leak leads to evacuation of Sandy Fred Meyer store
The Fred Meyer Store where the leak prompted an evacuation Thursday morning. (Photo courtesy of Sandy Fire Chief Gary McQueen)

SANDY, Ore. - A mishap firefighters said was caused by a forklift breaking a natural gas line led to the evacuation of a Fred Meyer store in Sandy Thursday morning.

Sandy Fire crews were able to shut off the flow of gas and firefighters said a Northwest Natural gas company crew was on it's way after the accident took place at about 8 a.m.

The store was evacuated and closed, according to firefighters. No injuries were reported.

Northwest Natural crews worked on repairing the line Thursday morning,  firefighters said.