Lake Oswego HS evacuated after bathroom fire

Lake Oswego HS evacuated after bathroom fire
Photo by Lake Oswego Fire Dept.

LAKE OSWEGO, Ore. – Investigators said someone started a fire in a bathroom at Lake Oswego High School Monday afternoon.

No one was hurt. Firefighters said the fire caused about $2,000 in damage to the bathroom.

The school was evacuated at around 1:15 p.m., firefighters said. Students were allowed to return to the building shortly after firefighters arrived.

Firefighters said school employees put out the fire, but it left soot and smoke throughout the hallway near the school gym. Crews stayed to clear the smoke for about an hour before they left.

It’s unclear how the fire started. The case was turned over to Lake Oswego Police, who said they do not have any suspects at this time.