MOLALLA, Ore. – A large fire that started at a business that makes concrete and other related products spread to a home next door in Molalla on Friday evening.
Video from Jet Ranger 2 showed firefighters trying to extinguish large flames at 13050 S. Molalla Forest Road. No one was hurt.
That address belongs to Molalla Redi Mix and Rock Products.
Denise Everhart, spokeswoman for the Molalla Volunteer Fire Department, said a shed at the business caught fire. The shed was used to repair trucks and contained gasoline, propane and other flammable gases.
The house that caught fire is a total loss, said Everhart. It was a rental and stood on the business' property. No one was living in it at the time of the fire.
She said the fire started a small grass fire behind the shed and firefighters were able to save a mobile home.
The owner, Mitch Jorgensen, estimated the damage at about $350,000. He said he is grateful there were no injuries. He said he believes a downed power line started the fire.
About 20 firefighters worked to put out the flames. Getting water to the fire was difficult because there were no fire hydrants nearby.