Neighbor saves disabled woman from house fire

Neighbor saves disabled woman from house fire

SEATTLE -- A disabled Green Lake woman's quick-thinking neighbor was able to rescue her from a Christmas morning house fire.

The neighbor, who did not want to be identified, called the disabled woman early Tuesday morning to check on her because the woman's daughter recently passed away. The homeowner, who is confined to a wheelchair, told the neighbor her house was on fire.

The neighbor rushed over to the house, kicked down the door and told the homeowner to move to the back of the house, where there's a wheelchair ramp. The neighbor then went around the house and helped the woman down the ramp.

Firefighters were on scene moments later and were able to quickly put the fire down. There were no injuries, and firefighters rescued the woman's two dogs.

It's unclear how severely the house was damaged, but fire officials say it is currently uninhabitable.