Police collar man suspected in cell phone store burglaries
PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland Police said they have a man in custody suspected in a long string of cell phone and tech store robberies last December.
Jason Paul LaCroix, 39, was taken into custody at his North Portland residence on Wednesday by police who said they were serving a search warrant.
Investigators said they found evidence at LaCroix's residence linking him to numerous burglaries.
The burglaries took place in December at locations in North, Northeast and Southeast Portland. including:
- Dec. 9 at Go Wireless, 9932 Northeast Halsey Street
- Dec. 12 at Air Link, 3626 Northeast Sandy Boulevard
- Dec. 24 at Aaron's Rentals, 4616 Southeast 82nd Avenue
- Dec. 28 at Smart Phone Repair, 7901 Southeast Powell Boulevard
- Dec. 29 at Global Communications, 14331 Southeast Division Street
- Dec. 29 at Go Wireless, 9932 Northeast Halsey Street
- Dec. 31 at Aaron's Rentals, 1622 North Lombard Street
LaCroix was taken the Multnomah County Jail on seven counts of burglary in the second degree and is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday.
Anyone with additional information about LaCroix or the burglaries is asked to contact Detective Ryan Goss at 503-823-0400 or Ryan.Goss@PortlandOregon.gov.