Portland, Ore.-- Multiple bridge lifts of the Steel Bridge will be required for the arrival of the Rose Festival Fleet beginning Tuesday, June 3. People walking, biking or driving can cross the bridge as river traffic allows.
People can avoid delays by using bridges south of the Burnside Bridge. The bridge lifts will take place as follows:
- Tuesday, June 3, Wednesday, June 4 and Thursday, June 5 in the afternoons until 6 p.m.
- Monday, June 9, multiple lifts will occur until 10 a.m.
Portland's Rose Quarter ramps on the Interstate freeways will be temporarily closed Saturday, June 7, for the Grand Floral Parade.
Ramp locations and closure hours are as follows:
- The Rose Quarter (Broadway/Weidler exit 302A) off-ramp from northbound Interstate 5 will be closed from approximately 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Rose Quarter/City Center (exit 302A) off-ramp from southbound I-5 will be closed from approximately 9:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Convention Center/Rose Quarter off-ramp from Interstate 84 westbound will be closed from approximately 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Travelers will be able to use the ramp connecting I-84 westbound to I-5 north during the Convention Center/Rose Quarter ramp closure.
In addition, police will escort Grand Floral Parade floats from the Vaughn Street on-ramp to northbound Interstate 405 (Fremont Bridge), to southbound I-5, to the Rose Quarter/City Center exit between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. early Saturday morning.
All lanes on the Fremont Bridge and I-5 will be open during the escort; motorists may experience short delays for the slow-moving floats.