PORTLAND, Ore. - There are dozens upon dozens of parks in Portland - some of them are quite well known, others you may have never heard of and then there are those that just kind of fade into the landscape.
Every Friday this spring and summer we're putting the spotlight on one of the city's parks to either remind you how great your favorite neighborhood park is or to introduce you to some of the public greenspaces you may not know about.
As we visit the city's parks, we'll be looking for what makes these areas special to those who live nearby, whether they have a unique feature that's worth mentioning and what amenities the park has to offer visitors.
We hope you enjoy our weekly series in the coming months and we encourage you to let us know if you'd like us to drop by your local park so it can be featured.
- Southwest Portland - Council Crest Park
- Southeast Portland - Parklane Park
- Southeast Portland - Elk Rock Island
- Northwest Portland - Forest Park
- Northwest Portland - Director Park
- Northeast Portland - Rose City Park
- Southwest Portland - International Rose Test Garden
- Southeast Portland - Creston Park
- North Portland - Unthank Park
- Southeast Portland - Midland Park
- North Portland - Overlook Park
- Southwest Portland - Duniway Park
- Southeast Portland - Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden
- Northwest Portland - Tanner Springs Park
- North Portland - Northgate Park
- Northeast Portland - Sacajawea Park
- Downtown Portland - Mill Ends Park (The Smallest Park in the World)
- Southwest Portland - Cottonwood Bay Park
- Southeast Portland - Johnson Creek Park
- Northeast Portland - Alberta Park
- North Portland - Arbor Lodge Park