PORTLAND, Ore. - Get those lawn chairs, coolers and picnic baskets ready - there's still time to catch an outdoor flick at Portland's parks.
Every week this summer, we've been putting the spotlight on one of the city's parks as part of an ongoing series. Now, as we wind out the last days of the season, we're changing it up a bit with some guides to help you enjoy what's left of summer before fall arrives.
Last week, as the temperatures started to sizzle, we pointed out some of the top spots to cool off. This week, we're reminding you that there's still time to enjoy a movie under the stars.
We've put together a list of the coming attractions in the next few weeks. All showings are free except for Gnomeo & Juliet. If you do plan on going, be sure to call (503) 823-5446 in advance to keep tabs on any schedule changes or cancellations.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Gnomeo & Juliet
Gnomeo & Juliet is being shown at some of our local pools as a 'Dive In Movie' feature. Your kids can watch the movie while they swim! The cost is $5 for adults and $3 for kids, except for the Wilson Pool where the admission for kids will be $3.50. Caramel popcorn will be served. Here are the showtimes:
- Friday, August 26 @ 8 p.m. - Sellwood Pool
- Saturday, August 27 @ 8 p.m. - Wilson Pool
- Sunday, August 28 @ 8 p.m. - Grant Pool
- Saturday, September 3 @ 6:30 p.m. - Wallace Park
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1
- Thursday, Sept. 1 @ 6:30 p.m. - Columbia Park
How to Train Your Dragon
- Sunday, August 28 @ 6:30 p.m. - Argay Park
- Friday, August 26 @ 6:30 p.m. - St. Johns Park
North by Northwest
- Thursday, September 8 @ 6:30 p.m. - Elizabeth Caruthers Park
- Friday, September 2 @ 6:30 p.m. - Director Park
The Social Network
- Saturday, August 27 @ 6:30 p.m. - Laurelhurst Park
Toy Story 3
- Friday, September 9 @ 6:30 p.m. - Multnomah Arts Center