Story Updated Fri Mar 27 15:10:43 PDT 2015
Capital gains tax part of WA House Democrats' budget plan
House Democrats on Friday released a two-year budget plan that proposes a capital gains tax as part of nearly $1.5 billion in new revenue to address a court mandate on education spending, but Senate Republicans quickly countered that new taxes should not be part of the solution.
- Oregon pot czar fired over leaked document, lying to bosses, OLCC says
- Legal expert: Oregon playing high-stakes poker in Oracle lawsuit
- Ways and Means Committee approves Oregon education budget
- U.S. Senate's Harry Reid announces he won't seek re-election
- FACT CHECK: Myths in the political roar over Common Core
- Oregon Democrats push for background checks on private gun sales
- House passes Medicare bill with money for timber counties
- Brown calls for independent IT review after DAS data breach
- Congress agrees! Roads and bridges worn out. No action, though
- More top stories...