Industry leaders say that even though last-minute lift tickets at some resorts now exceed $100, skiing has never been more affordable if you're savvy about discounts.
Jaydon Mickens caught a 54-yard touchdown on Washington's first drive and added a 36-yard TD run in the fourth quarter, Dwayne Washington ran for a 68-yard touchdown and the Huskies became bowl eligible with a 37-13 win over Oregon State on Saturday night.
Marcus Mariota says he hasn't made up his mind about what he's doing next season. It really doesn't matter because there's still plenty of work to do this season.
Last week they rallied from 23 points down to defeat Charlotte, and then Monday night the Portland Trail Blazers erased a 16-point, third-quarter deficit to beat the New Orleans Pelicans 102-93.
The Portland Trail Blazers have proven their mettle with a couple of big comebacks this season. Damian Lillard scored 24 points, including a tiebreaking 3-pointer with 1:14 left, to help Portland win its fifth straight game — the longest current streak in the NBA.
Damian Lillard had 28 points and 10 assists to lead the Blazers to a 97-87 victory over the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday night, despite the absences of LaMarcus Aldridge and Nicolas Batum.
Oregon remained in second place in the AP Poll after Alabama handed the formerly top-ranked Mississippi State its first loss on Saturday. The Tide took over the top spot, jumping from fifth place.
Marcus Mariota watched from the sideline as Oregon ran out the clock after dominating Stanford. Amid the celebration, the mood suddenly turned serious.
Ahead of the 2014 college football season, The Associated Press asked its panel of Top 25 voters, who are known for ranking the nation's top teams each week, to weigh in on which school had the best mascot. The Duck came in fifth.
So much for soaking in the win. Oregon State coach Wayne Tinkle wasn't pleased with his team's performance after an 86-62 win over Corban on Tuesday night.
Michael Doctor returned an interception 35 yards for a touchdown with 1:38 left to seal the Beavers' 35-27 upset win over the Sun Devils on Saturday night.
Oregon State quarterback Sean Mannion passed for 328 yards and one touchdown and rushed for another score Saturday to pace the Beavers to a 29-14 victory over Portland State.
The CEO of the company that provides food and catering at Timbers and Mariners games and was caught on camera abusing a dog has resigned, the company announced Tuesday.
Robbie Keane scored twice to help the Los Angeles Galaxy beat the Portland Timbers 3-1 on Saturday.
Diego Valeri broke a tie in the 82nd minute and the Portland Timbers held off Montreal 3-2 on Sunday night to extend the Impact's losing streak to five games.
Russell Wilson found backup tight end Cooper Helfet for a 20-yard catch-and-run touchdown late in the third quarter, Steven Hauschka kicked four field goals and the Seattle Seahawks handed the Arizona Cardinals their second loss of the season, 19-3 on Sunday.
Across the NFL, while many superstars are doing their thing, a wide range of obscure players are having a major impact.
Former Ducks quarterback Chris Miller’s first season coaching West Linn High School’s football team has been a rousing success as the team tries to pull off a huge playoff upset Friday night.
Injuries and a scuffle overshadowed another strong effort by Portland's Damian Lillard.
The tax haven of Bermuda has been picked over San Diego to host the 2017 America's Cup, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on Thursday.
FIFA will further review the 2018 and 2022 World Cup corruption investigation, putting the status of hosts Russia and Qatar back in question.
Marshawn Lynch is "all about that action" that speaks louder than words. And he showed it recently when a fan lost his wallet at a gas station.
Adrian Peterson's future with the Minnesota Vikings dimmed further Tuesday, with the NFL suspending the star running back without pay for at least the rest of the season.
Perhaps if Lindsey Vonn had a big cushy air bag to fall on when she tore two ligaments in her right knee she wouldn't have missed the Sochi Olympics.
TrackTown U.S.A.'s bid to host the 2019 athletics world championships was beat out by Doha, who won a secret IAAF vote Tuesday.
The Marlins are no longer pinching pennies, and Giancarlo Stanton won't be, either.
No fewer than five games pit teams with solid Super Bowl aspirations, including matchups of division leaders New England and Indianapolis, Detroit and Arizona.
This Saturday, Pacific University will be playing what might be the biggest sporting event in their school's history. The Boxers play at Linfield with a Northwest Conference championship on the line.
After the Trail Blazers clawed back from a 23-point deficit and withstood a video review of the final shot, guard Wesley Matthews enjoyed a laugh in the locker room.
AP Headlines Testentry-parentNode05:
- "content" value is Seahawks rebound vs. Cards; Pats improve to 9-2 Associated Press - 24 November 2014 07:23-05:00 News Topics: Sports, NFL football, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Russell Wilson, Cooper Helfet, Steve Hauschka, Earl Thomas, Doug Baldwin, Drew Stanton, Bruce Arians, Tom Brady, DeAndre Levy, LeGarrette Blount, Jonas Gray, Peyton Manning, Demaryius Thomas, C.J. Anderson, T.J. Ward, Ryan Tannehill, Wes Welker, Jarvis Landry, Lamar Miller, Brian Hoyer, Billy Cundiff, Matt Bryant, Josh Gordon, Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, Adrien Robinson, Odell Beckham Jr., Eddie Lacy, Aaron Rodgers, Josh Huff, LeSean McCoy, Mark Sanchez, Nick Foles, Zach Mettenberger, Andy Dalton, A.J. Green, Jeremy Hill, Ryan Mallett, T.Y. Hilton, Andrew Luck, Matt Forte, Lovie Smith, Jay Cutler, Alshon Jeffery, Marcus Gilchrist, Shaun Hill, Kenny Britt, Shareece Wright, Stedman Bailey, Ryan Mathews, Andrew Gachkar, Carlos Hyde, Anquan Boldin, Alfred Morris, Illinois, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Seattle, Tampa, Cleveland, San Francisco, Houston, Dallas, Washington Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks did some soul searching before their showdown with the Arizona Cardinals.
- "title" value is Seahawks rebound vs. Cards; Pats improve to 9-2
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-11-24T02:23:00-05:00
- "content" value is Redskins' Gruden hedges on RG3 starting next week Associated Press - 24 November 2014 15:46-05:00 News Topics: Sports, NFL football, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Robert Griffin III, Robert Griffin, Jay Gruden, Kirk Cousins, Colt McCoy Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is WASHINGTON (AP) — Robert Griffin III's chances of starting next week are under further review.
- "title" value is Redskins' Gruden hedges on RG3 starting next week
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-11-24T10:46:00-05:00
- "content" value is Falcons coach admits mistakes in final minute Associated Press - 24 November 2014 15:15-05:00 News Topics: Sports, Men's sports, NFL football, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Mike Smith, Matt Bryant, Billy Cundiff Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — In a rare admission for a coach, Atlanta's Mike Smith conceded Monday that he "didn't do the things that needed to be done to put our guys in the best position to win the game" in a bitter loss to the Cleveland Browns.
- "title" value is Falcons coach admits mistakes in final minute
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-11-24T10:15:00-05:00
- "content" value is Police: Manziel's entourage attacked fan at hotel Associated Press - 24 November 2014 16:23-05:00 News Topics: Sports, Assault and battery, NFL football, Violent crime, Crime, General news, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Johnny Manziel Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is CLEVELAND (AP) — A Browns fan who says he wanted to give Johnny Manziel "a hug" was struck by the rookie quarterback's entourage at a downtown hotel and was left with a swollen eye and lip, police said.
- "title" value is Police: Manziel's entourage attacked fan at hotel
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-11-24T11:23:00-05:00
- "content" value is Bills vs Jets a hot ticket in Detroit Associated Press - 24 November 2014 16:19-05:00 News Topics: Sports, NFL football, Football, Professional football People, Places and Companies: Detroit, New York Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is DETROIT (AP) — Die-hard fans of the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets might be hard to come by in the hometown of the Detroit Lions. But there's certainly no shortage of fans of free tickets to an Empire State matchup in the Motor City.
- "title" value is Bills vs Jets a hot ticket in Detroit
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-11-24T11:19:00-05:00