Not that it should come as a surprise, but Seattle is still crazy about its Super Bowl champion Seahawks.
Staked to a six-shot lead going into the final round, Rory McIlroy turned back every challenge. He made two key birdies around the turn, and delivered a majestic drive at just the right moment to close with a 1-under 71 and complete his wire-to-wire victory.
A lawyer for the man offering to buy the Los Angeles Clippers for $2 billion told a judge Friday that Donald Sterling's stalling tactics are threatening to doom the sale by pushing it past a contractual deadline.
Click "play" on the video for Craig's interview with Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard.
With no picks in this year's NBA draft, the Portland Trail Blazers still made news in offering All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge a maximum contract extension.
Portland's Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Aldridge made the All-NBA third team.
An investigation into an alleged sexual assault by two Providence College basketball players, including former UO basketball player, Brandon Austin, has concluded with no charges, the Rhode Island attorney general's office said Wednesday.
Brandon Austin was a bench player for the men's basketball team. Earlier this year, a woman accused Austin and two teammates of raping her during a party. None of the men were charged.
Three Ducks basketball players accused of sexually assaulting a woman at an off campus party have been suspended from the University of Oregon.
Grant Palmer singled home the go-ahead run in the sixth inning and UC Irvine went on to upset No. 1 national seed Oregon State 4-2 on Monday night to win the NCAA Corvallis regional.
Oregon State has fired Craig Robinson after six seasons without making the NCAA tournament.
Oregon beat Oregon State 88-74 in the first round of the Pac-12 Tournament in Las Vegas.
Maximiliano Urruti and Diego Valeri each scored in the second half to give Portland a 2-1 win over visiting Colorado on Friday night.
The Portland Timbers advanced to the quarterfinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup for the second consecutive year with a 3-1 win against Sporting Kansas City before 11,138 fans at Sporting Park on Tuesday night.
Pa Modou Kah scored in stoppage time and the Portland Timbers rallied for a 2-2 draw with FC Dallas on Wednesday night in the last scheduled game before Major League Soccer takes a break for the World Cup.
Portland Thorns FC forward Christine Sinclair scored the first hat-trick in club history and the fourth in National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) history, as Portland tallied four unanswered goals in a 6-3 victory against the Boston Breakers in front of 14,383 fans at Providence Park on Sunday afternoon.
St. Louis Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright took the blame on Friday for the flap that ensued after he said he served up pitches to Derek Jeter during the All-Star game.
Australia's Hamilton Island Yacht Club has withdrawn as the Challenger of Record in the America's Cup, perhaps the first public sign of dissatisfaction with the direction sailing's marquee regatta is heading.
Aaron Ahlstrom, a local teenager, is fighting a life-threatening illness, but this week, he's all smiles. That’s because of Make-A-Wish Oregon, who is making sure this athlete’s baseball wishes come true.
Five former NFL players, including six-time Pro Bowl defensive end Neil Smith, are suing the union for not providing accurate information about the risk of head injuries.
Thorns FC forward Jessica McDonald scored the quickest goal in National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) history, but Portland and the Chicago Red Stars drew for a third consecutive match as the two teams tied 1-1 in front of 2,014 fans at Benedictine Sports Complex in Lisle, Ill., on Thursday night.
She hadn't done splits and high kicks in years, but 40-year-old dance instructor Kriste Lewis set a lofty goal - to try out for the New Orleans Saints cheerleading squad, known as the Saintsations.
The marathon pitching exploits of Japan's high school baseball players may soon be a thing of the past.
Derek Jeter soaked in the adulation from fans and players during one more night on baseball's national stage, set the tone for the American League with a pregame speech and delivered two final All-Star hits.
At a party 24 years in the making, hundreds of thousands of Germans showed their admiration and adoration for their World Cup winners in a parade to the Brandenburg Gate on Tuesday.
Former Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe intends to sue the team over allegations of anti-gay conduct by a coach, his lawyer said Tuesday.
Mario Gotze volleyed in the winning goal in extra time to give Germany its fourth World Cup title with a 1-0 victory over Argentina on Sunday.
The Brazilian football confederation says it won't keep Luiz Felipe Scolari as Brazil's head coach.
Robin van Persie and Daley Blind scored early goals to help give the Netherlands a 3-0 win over host Brazil in the third-place match at the World Cup on Saturday.
Click "play" on the video to meet 8-year-old Shaun Jones.
AP Headlines Testentry-parentNode05:
- "content" value is Vikings suspend Priefer for 3 games Associated Press - 19 July 2014 02:08-04:00 News Topics: Sports, Gays and lesbians, Sports transactions, Sports governance, NFL football, Gay rights, Workplace discrimination, Sexual orientation discrimination, Sports business, Professional football, Football, Human rights and civil liberties, Social issues, Social affairs, Personnel, Business, Labor issues, Discrimination People, Places and Companies: Chris Kluwe, Cullen Loeffler, Jeff Locke, Jerry Angelo, Craig Hentrich, Jerry Sandusky, Minneapolis, Minnesota Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Vikings will suspend special teams coordinator Mike Priefer without pay for three games this season and donate $100,000 to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights groups, in response to former punter Chris Kluwe's allegations of anti-gay slurs and taunts made by Priefer.
- "title" value is Vikings suspend Priefer for 3 games
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-07-18T22:08:00-04:00
- "content" value is Manziel scores as NFL's top-selling jersey Associated Press - 21 July 2014 19:06-04:00 News Topics: Business, Sports, NFL football, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Johnny Manziel, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Peyton Manning, Richard M. Sherman, Richard Sherman, Michael Sam, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Teddy Bridgewater, Jadeveon Clowney, Brian Hoyer, Cleveland Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is CLEVELAND (AP) — Second on Cleveland's depth chart, Johnny Manziel already tops one NFL list.
- "title" value is Manziel scores as NFL's top-selling jersey
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-07-21T15:06:00-04:00
- "content" value is Eagles player charged with shoving Arizona officer Associated Press - 21 July 2014 19:01-04:00 News Topics: General news, Sports, NFL football, Violence in sports, Crime, Assault and battery, Professional football, Football, Violence, Social issues, Social affairs, Violent crime People, Places and Companies: Keelan Johnson, Arizona, Phoenix Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — A Philadelphia Eagles player is facing charges in Arizona after authorities say he pushed a police officer investigating a bar brawl.
- "title" value is Eagles player charged with shoving Arizona officer
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-07-21T15:01:00-04:00
- "content" value is T.J. Ward hearing on Denver assault charge delayed Associated Press - 22 July 2014 11:33-04:00 News Topics: General news, Sports, Legal proceedings, Celebrity legal affairs, Assault and battery, Celebrity, NFL football, Crime, Professional football, Arrests, Law and order, Entertainment, Arts and entertainment, Violent crime, Football People, Places and Companies: T.J. Ward, Colorado, Denver Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is DENVER (AP) — A court hearing for Broncos safety T.J. Ward on charges stemming from an incident at a strip club has been delayed until next month.
- "title" value is T.J. Ward hearing on Denver assault charge delayed
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-07-22T07:33:00-04:00
- "content" value is Bills DT Dareus to enter substance abuse program Associated Press - 21 July 2014 20:52-04:00 News Topics: Sports, Sports transactions, Drug-related crime, NFL football, Celebrity legal affairs, Addiction and substance abuse, Crime, Drug abuse, Sports business, General news, Professional football, Football, Celebrity, Entertainment, Arts and entertainment, Human welfare, Social issues, Social affairs People, Places and Companies: Marcell Dareus, Jerry Hughes, Doug Marrone, Brandon Spikes, Sammy Watkins, Landon Cohen, Naaman Roosevelt, Ramses Barden, Nathan Williams, Jim Schwartz, New York, Rochester, Buffalo, Alabama Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP) — Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus agreed to enter an NFL substance abuse program in a bid to have felony drug charges in Alabama dismissed, his attorney said on Monday.
- "title" value is Bills DT Dareus to enter substance abuse program
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-07-21T16:52:00-04:00