The Seahawks finished last year atop the NFL. And as far as the Associated Press' NFL poll is concerned, they will begin the 2015 season as the team to beat.
Not that it should come as a surprise, but Seattle is still crazy about its Super Bowl champion Seahawks.
Staked to a six-shot lead going into the final round, Rory McIlroy turned back every challenge. He made two key birdies around the turn, and delivered a majestic drive at just the right moment to close with a 1-under 71 and complete his wire-to-wire victory.
Click "play" on the video for Craig's interview with Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard.
With no picks in this year's NBA draft, the Portland Trail Blazers still made news in offering All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge a maximum contract extension.
Portland's Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Aldridge made the All-NBA third team.
An investigation into an alleged sexual assault by two Providence College basketball players, including former UO basketball player, Brandon Austin, has concluded with no charges, the Rhode Island attorney general's office said Wednesday.
Brandon Austin was a bench player for the men's basketball team. Earlier this year, a woman accused Austin and two teammates of raping her during a party. None of the men were charged.
Three Ducks basketball players accused of sexually assaulting a woman at an off campus party have been suspended from the University of Oregon.
Grant Palmer singled home the go-ahead run in the sixth inning and UC Irvine went on to upset No. 1 national seed Oregon State 4-2 on Monday night to win the NCAA Corvallis regional.
Oregon State has fired Craig Robinson after six seasons without making the NCAA tournament.
Oregon beat Oregon State 88-74 in the first round of the Pac-12 Tournament in Las Vegas.
Maximiliano Urruti and Diego Valeri each scored in the second half to give Portland a 2-1 win over visiting Colorado on Friday night.
The Portland Timbers advanced to the quarterfinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup for the second consecutive year with a 3-1 win against Sporting Kansas City before 11,138 fans at Sporting Park on Tuesday night.
Pa Modou Kah scored in stoppage time and the Portland Timbers rallied for a 2-2 draw with FC Dallas on Wednesday night in the last scheduled game before Major League Soccer takes a break for the World Cup.
Portland Thorns FC forward Christine Sinclair scored the first hat-trick in club history and the fourth in National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) history, as Portland tallied four unanswered goals in a 6-3 victory against the Boston Breakers in front of 14,383 fans at Providence Park on Sunday afternoon.
A lawyer for the man offering to buy the Los Angeles Clippers for $2 billion told a judge Friday that Donald Sterling's stalling tactics are threatening to doom the sale by pushing it past a contractual deadline.
St. Louis Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright took the blame on Friday for the flap that ensued after he said he served up pitches to Derek Jeter during the All-Star game.
Australia's Hamilton Island Yacht Club has withdrawn as the Challenger of Record in the America's Cup, perhaps the first public sign of dissatisfaction with the direction sailing's marquee regatta is heading.
Aaron Ahlstrom, a local teenager, is fighting a life-threatening illness, but this week, he's all smiles. That’s because of Make-A-Wish Oregon, who is making sure this athlete’s baseball wishes come true.
Five former NFL players, including six-time Pro Bowl defensive end Neil Smith, are suing the union for not providing accurate information about the risk of head injuries.
Thorns FC forward Jessica McDonald scored the quickest goal in National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) history, but Portland and the Chicago Red Stars drew for a third consecutive match as the two teams tied 1-1 in front of 2,014 fans at Benedictine Sports Complex in Lisle, Ill., on Thursday night.
She hadn't done splits and high kicks in years, but 40-year-old dance instructor Kriste Lewis set a lofty goal - to try out for the New Orleans Saints cheerleading squad, known as the Saintsations.
The marathon pitching exploits of Japan's high school baseball players may soon be a thing of the past.
Derek Jeter soaked in the adulation from fans and players during one more night on baseball's national stage, set the tone for the American League with a pregame speech and delivered two final All-Star hits.
At a party 24 years in the making, hundreds of thousands of Germans showed their admiration and adoration for their World Cup winners in a parade to the Brandenburg Gate on Tuesday.
Former Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe intends to sue the team over allegations of anti-gay conduct by a coach, his lawyer said Tuesday.
Mario Gotze volleyed in the winning goal in extra time to give Germany its fourth World Cup title with a 1-0 victory over Argentina on Sunday.
The Brazilian football confederation says it won't keep Luiz Felipe Scolari as Brazil's head coach.
Robin van Persie and Daley Blind scored early goals to help give the Netherlands a 3-0 win over host Brazil in the third-place match at the World Cup on Saturday.
AP Headlines Testentry-parentNode05:
- "content" value is Wayne hoping Colts get off to faster start in 2014 Associated Press - 23 July 2014 14:15-04:00 News Topics: Sports, Professional football, IndyCar, NFL football, Football, Automobile racing People, Places and Companies: Reggie Wayne, Ed Carpenter, Andrew Luck, Chuck Pagano, Matt Hasselbeck, Anderson, Indianapolis, Indiana Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is ANDERSON, Ind. (AP) — Reggie Wayne wants the Colts to live this season in the fast lane.
- "title" value is Wayne hoping Colts get off to faster start in 2014
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-07-23T10:15:00-04:00
- "content" value is Broncos owner giving up control due to Alzheimer's Associated Press - 23 July 2014 17:33-04:00 News Topics: Sports, NFL football, Professional football, Alzheimer's disease, Football, Neurological disorders, Diseases and conditions, Health, Seniors' health People, Places and Companies: Pat Bowlen, John Elway, Peyton Manning, Colorado, Denver Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Even as dementia began to rob him of some of his fondest memories over the past few years, Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen reported to work every day to oversee multimillion-dollar upgrades to the team's training facilities and roster.
- "title" value is Broncos owner giving up control due to Alzheimer's
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-07-23T13:33:00-04:00
- "content" value is Gronk cleared to play at Patriots training camp Associated Press - 23 July 2014 16:21-04:00 News Topics: Sports, Athlete injuries, NFL football, Athlete health, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Rob Gronkowski, Bill Belichick, Logan Mankins, Rob Ninkovich, T.J. Ward, Tom Brady, Beyonce Knowles, Jay-Z, Massachusetts Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Rob Gronkowski was a training camp spectator last summer while recovering from surgery.
- "title" value is Gronk cleared to play at Patriots training camp
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-07-23T12:21:00-04:00
- "content" value is Chiefs, running back Jamaal Charles reach deal Associated Press - 23 July 2014 22:50-04:00 News Topics: Sports, Athlete contracts, Athlete compensation, Sports transactions, NFL football, NFL Playoffs, Sports business, Professional football, Football, Events People, Places and Companies: Jamaal Charles, Alex Smith, Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, Clay Matthews, Kansas City Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Pro Bowl running back Jamaal Charles has agreed to a contract extension with the Kansas City Chiefs.
- "title" value is Chiefs, running back Jamaal Charles reach deal
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-07-23T18:50:00-04:00
- "content" value is Hall of Famer Jim Brown sues over 1964 title ring Associated Press - 23 July 2014 21:32-04:00 News Topics: Arts and entertainment, General news, Sports, Celebrity legal affairs, Sports media, NFL football, Celebrity, Lawsuits, Football, Entertainment, Professional football, Legal proceedings, Law and order People, Places and Companies: Jim Brown Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is NEW YORK (AP) — Hall of Fame football star Jim Brown — running out of time to retrieve his 1964 NFL championship ring — has sued a memorabilia dealer.
- "title" value is Hall of Famer Jim Brown sues over 1964 title ring
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-07-23T17:32:00-04:00