The Portland Trail Blazers didn't take the winless 76ers lightly following a lackluster first half.
Odell Beckham Jr.'s mindset was simple before making a one-handed catch quickly heralded as one of the best in NFL history: Just catch the ball.
A Browns fan who says he wanted to give Johnny Manziel "a hug" was struck by the rookie quarterback's entourage at a downtown hotel and was left with a swollen eye and lip, police said.
Last week they rallied from 23 points down to defeat Charlotte, and then Monday night the Portland Trail Blazers erased a 16-point, third-quarter deficit to beat the New Orleans Pelicans 102-93.
The Portland Trail Blazers have proven their mettle with a couple of big comebacks this season. Damian Lillard scored 24 points, including a tiebreaking 3-pointer with 1:14 left, to help Portland win its fifth straight game — the longest current streak in the NBA.
Damian Lillard had 28 points and 10 assists to lead the Blazers to a 97-87 victory over the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday night, despite the absences of LaMarcus Aldridge and Nicolas Batum.
Marcus Mariota says he hasn't made up his mind about what he's doing next season. It really doesn't matter because there's still plenty of work to do this season.
Oregon remained in second place in the AP Poll after Alabama handed the formerly top-ranked Mississippi State its first loss on Saturday. The Tide took over the top spot, jumping from fifth place.
Marcus Mariota watched from the sideline as Oregon ran out the clock after dominating Stanford. Amid the celebration, the mood suddenly turned serious.
Jaydon Mickens caught a 54-yard touchdown on Washington's first drive and added a 36-yard TD run in the fourth quarter, Dwayne Washington ran for a 68-yard touchdown and the Huskies became bowl eligible with a 37-13 win over Oregon State on Saturday night.
So much for soaking in the win. Oregon State coach Wayne Tinkle wasn't pleased with his team's performance after an 86-62 win over Corban on Tuesday night.
Michael Doctor returned an interception 35 yards for a touchdown with 1:38 left to seal the Beavers' 35-27 upset win over the Sun Devils on Saturday night.
The CEO of the company that provides food and catering at Timbers and Mariners games and was caught on camera abusing a dog has resigned, the company announced Tuesday.
Robbie Keane scored twice to help the Los Angeles Galaxy beat the Portland Timbers 3-1 on Saturday.
Diego Valeri broke a tie in the 82nd minute and the Portland Timbers held off Montreal 3-2 on Sunday night to extend the Impact's losing streak to five games.
Industry leaders say that even though last-minute lift tickets at some resorts now exceed $100, skiing has never been more affordable if you're savvy about discounts.
Russell Wilson found backup tight end Cooper Helfet for a 20-yard catch-and-run touchdown late in the third quarter, Steven Hauschka kicked four field goals and the Seattle Seahawks handed the Arizona Cardinals their second loss of the season, 19-3 on Sunday.
Across the NFL, while many superstars are doing their thing, a wide range of obscure players are having a major impact.
Former Ducks quarterback Chris Miller’s first season coaching West Linn High School’s football team has been a rousing success as the team tries to pull off a huge playoff upset Friday night.
Injuries and a scuffle overshadowed another strong effort by Portland's Damian Lillard.
The tax haven of Bermuda has been picked over San Diego to host the 2017 America's Cup, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on Thursday.
FIFA will further review the 2018 and 2022 World Cup corruption investigation, putting the status of hosts Russia and Qatar back in question.
Marshawn Lynch is "all about that action" that speaks louder than words. And he showed it recently when a fan lost his wallet at a gas station.
Adrian Peterson's future with the Minnesota Vikings dimmed further Tuesday, with the NFL suspending the star running back without pay for at least the rest of the season.
Perhaps if Lindsey Vonn had a big cushy air bag to fall on when she tore two ligaments in her right knee she wouldn't have missed the Sochi Olympics.
TrackTown U.S.A.'s bid to host the 2019 athletics world championships was beat out by Doha, who won a secret IAAF vote Tuesday.
The Marlins are no longer pinching pennies, and Giancarlo Stanton won't be, either.
No fewer than five games pit teams with solid Super Bowl aspirations, including matchups of division leaders New England and Indianapolis, Detroit and Arizona.
This Saturday, Pacific University will be playing what might be the biggest sporting event in their school's history. The Boxers play at Linfield with a Northwest Conference championship on the line.
AP Headlines Testentry-parentNode05:
- "content" value is Pats are unanimous No. 1 in AP Pro32 rankings Associated Press - 25 November 2014 16:42-05:00 News Topics: Sports, NFL football, Professional football, NFL Super Bowl, Football, Events People, Places and Companies: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Stanton, Tony Romo, Tony Dungy, Oakland Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is NEW YORK (AP) — It's unanimous: Tom Brady and the New England Patriots are the top team in the NFL.
- "title" value is Pats are unanimous No. 1 in AP Pro32 rankings
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-11-25T11:42:00-05:00
- "content" value is Sherman, Baldwin dig at NFL in press conference Associated Press - 25 November 2014 19:10-05:00 News Topics: Sports, Athlete contracts, Sports sponsorship, NFL football, Sports governance, Sports transactions, Sports business, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Richard M. Sherman, Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin, Marshawn Lynch, Pete Carroll, Colin Kaepernick, Washington, Seattle, San Francisco Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is RENTON, Wash. (AP) — With the help of a cardboard cutout, the Seattle Seahawks' Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin took digs at the NFL during a news conference on Tuesday after the league issued a $100,000 fine to teammate Marshawn Lynch for not speaking to the media.
- "title" value is Sherman, Baldwin dig at NFL in press conference
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-11-25T14:10:00-05:00
- "content" value is Chiefs' Berry has support from all corners Associated Press - 25 November 2014 17:59-05:00 News Topics: Sports, Celebrity, Rhythm and blues, Lymphoma, NFL football, Entertainment, Arts and entertainment, Music, Cancer, Diseases and conditions, Health, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Eric Berry, Jason Avant, Brandon Carr, Jon Lester, David Quessenberry, Kansas City Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Wide receiver Jason Avant arrived in Kansas City a few days ago, a mid-season signing by the Chiefs. He was leaving his hotel Tuesday when a woman mustered up the courage to approach him.
- "title" value is Chiefs' Berry has support from all corners
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-11-25T12:59:00-05:00
- "content" value is NFL, union discuss personal conduct policy Associated Press - 25 November 2014 22:18-05:00 News Topics: Sports, Sports team and league operation, Athlete compensation, Sports transactions, Sports governance, Labor negotiations, NFL football, Football, Sports industry, Media and entertainment industry, Industries, Business, Sports business, Personnel, Professional football People, Places and Companies: Roger Goodell, DeMaurice Smith, Ray Rice, Barbara Jones, Adrian Peterson Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is NEW YORK (AP) — NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and players' union chief DeMaurice Smith met Tuesday to discuss the league's personal conduct policy.
- "title" value is NFL, union discuss personal conduct policy
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-11-25T17:18:00-05:00
- "content" value is Another ugly Jets loss in already ugly season Associated Press - 25 November 2014 19:39-05:00 News Topics: Sports, NFL football, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Rex Ryan, Nick Mangold, Woody Johnson, Sheldon Richardson, Dawan Landry, Michael Vick, Geno Smith, New York Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is NEW YORK (AP) — Pick an adjective, and it's likely the New York Jets used it to describe the lowest point in what had already become a lost season.
- "title" value is Another ugly Jets loss in already ugly season
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-11-25T14:39:00-05:00