Please watch another channel. That encouragement is popping up more and more during sports broadcasts.
Buck Showalter knew he was in trouble when the seventh inning rolled around and his Orioles were trailing the Kansas City Royals in Game 4 of the AL Championship Series.
A lifelong San Francisco Giants fan had a piece of team history in his hands after Thursday's game: the walk-off home-run ball that sent the Giants to the World Series.
Click "play" on the video for Craig's interview with Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard.
With no picks in this year's NBA draft, the Portland Trail Blazers still made news in offering All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge a maximum contract extension.
Portland's Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Aldridge made the All-NBA third team.
Ahead of the 2014 college football season, The Associated Press asked its panel of Top 25 voters, who are known for ranking the nation's top teams each week, to weigh in on which school had the best mascot. The Duck came in fifth.
Oregon's star quarterback lingered on the field late Thursday night following his team's 31-24 loss to Arizona, shaking hands with the Wildcats after they upset the heavily favored Ducks for the second consecutive season.
Marcus Mariota accounted for four touchdowns in the first half of No. 3 Oregon's season-opening 62-13 win against South Dakota on Saturday night. He threw for 267 yards and three touchdowns, and then ran for one more before sitting out the final two quarters.
Oregon State quarterback Sean Mannion passed for 328 yards and one touchdown and rushed for another score Saturday to pace the Beavers to a 29-14 victory over Portland State.
Eight Duck and Beaver football players spent a day on the McKenzie River with kids from Candlelighters, a non-profit organization for children affected by cancer.
Grant Palmer singled home the go-ahead run in the sixth inning and UC Irvine went on to upset No. 1 national seed Oregon State 4-2 on Monday night to win the NCAA Corvallis regional.
The CEO of the company that provides food and catering at Timbers and Mariners games and was caught on camera abusing a dog has resigned, the company announced Tuesday.
Robbie Keane scored twice to help the Los Angeles Galaxy beat the Portland Timbers 3-1 on Saturday.
Diego Valeri broke a tie in the 82nd minute and the Portland Timbers held off Montreal 3-2 on Sunday night to extend the Impact's losing streak to five games.
A melee erupted on the sideline of a high school football game on Saturday, with the visiting team's coach accusing a home team assistant coach of choking a player, bringing the game to an early end. State police were called to ensure order as the teams and fans left the field.
The New York Jets announced Saturday they have acquired wide receiver Percy Harvin from the Seattle Seahawks for a conditional draft pick.
For all the excitement over the rise of the Cowboys, improvement of the Browns and impressive performances by the Chargers, the NFL also is weighed down by some very weak teams.
The former owner of a South Florida anti-aging clinic pleaded guilty Thursday to charges of illegally providing performance-enhancing drugs to athletes including high-profile Major League Baseball players, most notably New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez.
After nearly three decades spent trying to return to the playoffs, Kansas City is taking its perfect postseason ride all the way to the World Series.
Mississippi State is the new No. 1 in The Associated Press college football poll, replacing Florida State and making the fastest rise to the top spot in the history of the poll.
The Los Angeles City Council meets Tuesday to consider extending for another six months an agreement that could bring the NFL back to the nation's second-largest city.
In the strongest terms yet about the prospect of luring the NFL back to Los Angeles, Mayor Eric Garcetti said a team is "highly likely" to come to the city in the next year.
To get ready to face Richard Sherman and Seattle's ear-piercing 12th man, the Denver Broncos turned to Lil Wayne, Jerimih, Ozzy Osbourne and Pharrell Williams.
The NBA has extended its television deals with ESPN and TNT for nine years.
USA Swimming on Monday suspended Michael Phelps for six months, forced him to withdraw from next year's world championships and took away his funding from the sport's national governing body as a result of the Olympic champion's second DUI arrest.
The NFL is attempting to shed light on who allegedly shined a laser pointer at Buffalo Bills players at Detroit's Ford Field last weekend.
Putting his swimming career on hold after his second DUI arrest, Olympic champion Michael Phelps began a six-week program Sunday that he said "will provide the help I need to better understand myself."
AP Headlines Testentry-parentNode05:
- "content" value is Cutler still a slouch in City of Big Shoulders Associated Press - 21 October 2014 14:43-04:00 News Topics: Sports, NFL football, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffery, Marc Trestman, Martellus Bennett, Reshad Jones, Illinois, Chicago Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is CHICAGO (AP) — There's no truth to the rumor Jay Cutler is about to be charged with starting the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.
- "title" value is Cutler still a slouch in City of Big Shoulders
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-10-21T10:43:00-04:00
- "content" value is Cowboys release Michael Sam from practice squad Associated Press - 21 October 2014 18:13-04:00 News Topics: General news, Sports, Sports transactions, Athlete injuries, NFL football, Gays and lesbians, Sports business, Athlete health, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Michael Sam, Jason Garrett, Rod Marinelli, Anthony Spencer, Josh Price-Brent, Jerry Brown, Troy Davis, Ken Bishop, Texas, Dallas, St. Louis, Missouri Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is IRVING, Texas (AP) — Michael Sam will have to wait for a third team to give the NFL's first openly gay player a chance to appear in a regular-season game.
- "title" value is Cowboys release Michael Sam from practice squad
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-10-21T14:13:00-04:00
- "content" value is AP sources: Rice's appeal hearing set for Nov. 5-6 Associated Press - 21 October 2014 16:27-04:00 News Topics: Sports, Legal proceedings, Sports governance, NFL football, Law and order, General news, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Ray Rice, Roger Goodell, Barbara Jones Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is A hearing on Ray Rice's appeal of his indefinite suspension will be held Nov. 5 and 6, two people familiar with the situation said Tuesday.
- "title" value is AP sources: Rice's appeal hearing set for Nov. 5-6
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-10-21T12:27:00-04:00
- "content" value is Backup QB has possibly NFL's toughest, easiest job Associated Press - 22 October 2014 03:18-04:00 News Topics: Sports, NFL football, Football, Professional football People, Places and Companies: Charlie Whitehurst, Gary Kubiak, John Elway, Jason Garrett, Troy Aikman, Luke McCown, Drew Brees, Matt Hasselbeck, Andrew Luck, Jake Locker, Ken Whisenhunt, Gus Bradley, Tennessee Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The adrenaline spikes the instant Charlie Whitehurst sees the starting quarterback hurt and walking to the sideline.
- "title" value is Backup QB has possibly NFL's toughest, easiest job
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-10-21T23:18:00-04:00
- "content" value is Broncos are still No. 1 in AP Pro32 rankings Associated Press - 21 October 2014 19:07-04:00 News Topics: Sports, NFL football, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy, Andrew Luck, Bruce Arians, Matthew Stafford, San Francisco Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is NEW YORK (AP) — It's almost unanimous: The Denver Broncos are still the top team in the NFL.
- "title" value is Broncos are still No. 1 in AP Pro32 rankings
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-10-21T15:07:00-04:00