Fans have lined the grassy hills beyond the playing field at the Little World Series to see Mo'ne Davis. The concession stands have sold out of the powder-blue T-shirts of her Mid-Atlantic team.
Ohio State star quarterback Braxton Miller will miss the 2014 season, dealing a severe blow to the fifth-ranked Buckeyes' national title hopes.
Donny Moore can be the most reviled man in NFL locker rooms.
Click "play" on the video for Craig's interview with Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard.
With no picks in this year's NBA draft, the Portland Trail Blazers still made news in offering All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge a maximum contract extension.
Portland's Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Aldridge made the All-NBA third team.
An investigation into an alleged sexual assault by two Providence College basketball players, including former UO basketball player, Brandon Austin, has concluded with no charges, the Rhode Island attorney general's office said Wednesday.
Brandon Austin was a bench player for the men's basketball team. Earlier this year, a woman accused Austin and two teammates of raping her during a party. None of the men were charged.
Three Ducks basketball players accused of sexually assaulting a woman at an off campus party have been suspended from the University of Oregon.
Grant Palmer singled home the go-ahead run in the sixth inning and UC Irvine went on to upset No. 1 national seed Oregon State 4-2 on Monday night to win the NCAA Corvallis regional.
Oregon State has fired Craig Robinson after six seasons without making the NCAA tournament.
Oregon beat Oregon State 88-74 in the first round of the Pac-12 Tournament in Las Vegas.
Robbie Keane scored twice to help the Los Angeles Galaxy beat the Portland Timbers 3-1 on Saturday.
Diego Valeri broke a tie in the 82nd minute and the Portland Timbers held off Montreal 3-2 on Sunday night to extend the Impact's losing streak to five games.
Maximiliano Urruti and Diego Valeri each scored in the second half to give Portland a 2-1 win over visiting Colorado on Friday night.
Colin Kaepernick understands the legacy left by Hall of Famers Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Steve Young and so many others during a four-decade run at Candlestick Park.
Rob Manfred was elected baseball's 10th commissioner Thursday and will succeed Bud Selig in January.
Marijuana is casting an ever-thickening haze across NFL locker rooms, and it's not simply because more players are using it.
Steve Ballmer officially became the new owner of the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday.
Prosecutors in Indiana have formally charged former NBA No. 1 draft pick Greg Oden with battery for allegedly punching his ex-girlfriend in the face during a fight.
As college programs increasingly use Twitter, Instagram and other social media accounts to evaluate a player's character, one wrong comment can cost a scholarship offer.
Portland Thorns FC attempted a club record 15 shots on goal and forward Christine Sinclair became the third player in National Women’s Soccer League history to register 10 or more shots in a match, but Thorns FC could not overcome a two-goal halftime deficit in a 2-0 loss against the Boston Breakers at Harvard Stadium on Sunday night.
Rob Gronkowski, Percy Harvin, Julio Jones, Robert Griffin III and Sam Bradford know all about that. So do guys such as Arian Foster, Doug Martin, Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne, Malcom Floyd, Brian Cushing and Geno Atkins.
Candlestick Park, San Francisco's cold and windy workhorse stadium, is closing after more than a half-century of hosting sports, concerts and other events. Over the years, the park was home field for the Giants and 49ers and the site of some of their greatest triumphs.
Mark Emmert said Sunday that the NCAA will appeal a ruling that opens the door for college athletes to receive some of the money they help generate in major sports.
Former boxing promoter Frank Maloney announced in a newspaper interview Sunday that he is undergoing a sex change.
The collision was as common as any in racing. Kevin Ward Jr.'s car spun twice like a top, wheels hugging the wall, before it plopped backward on the dimly lit dirt track.
Landon Donovan says he will retire from professional soccer at the end of the MLS season.
It's time for the Cleveland Indians to drop their name and Chief Wahoo mascot, an Ohio state senator says.
Landon Donovan scored the go-ahead goal in a 2-1 victory over German power Bayern Munich on Wednesday night in the Major League Soccer All-Star game.
AP Headlines Testentry-parentNode05:
- "content" value is Kluwe, Vikings reach settlement to avert lawsuit Associated Press - 19 August 2014 13:53-04:00 News Topics: General news, Sports, Gays and lesbians, Sports transactions, Lawsuits, Legal settlements, Gay rights, NFL football, Sports business, Legal proceedings, Law and order, Human rights and civil liberties, Social issues, Social affairs, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Chris Kluwe, Matthew Shepard, Minneapolis, Minnesota Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Vikings and former punter Chris Kluwe said Tuesday they reached a settlement averting a lawsuit over Kluwe's claim that the team wrongfully released him last year because of his outspoken support for same-sex marriage rights.
- "title" value is Kluwe, Vikings reach settlement to avert lawsuit
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-08-19T09:53:00-04:00
- "content" value is Browns not ready to name starting quarterback Associated Press - 19 August 2014 18:48-04:00 News Topics: Sports, NFL football, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Mike Pettine, Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Cleveland Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is CLEVELAND (AP) — This summer saga, packed with drama, celebrity and clumsiness, isn't quite over for the Browns.
- "title" value is Browns not ready to name starting quarterback
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-08-19T14:48:00-04:00
- "content" value is Former NFL kicker pleads guilty to criminal damage Associated Press - 19 August 2014 18:15-04:00 News Topics: General news, Sports, Crime, NFL football, Legal proceedings, Professional football, Football, Law and order People, Places and Companies: Tucson, Arizona Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Former NFL and University of Arizona kicker Max Zendejas has pleaded guilty to two counts of criminal damage involving a restaurant space he leased from the Tucson school.
- "title" value is Former NFL kicker pleads guilty to criminal damage
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-08-19T14:15:00-04:00
- "content" value is NFL Calendar Associated Press - 20 August 2014 08:17-04:00 News Topics: NFL football, Professional football, Football, Sports Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is Aug. 26 — Teams must reduce rosters to maximum of 75 active players.
- "title" value is NFL Calendar
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-08-20T04:17:00-04:00
- "content" value is Age no opponent for some of NFL's veteran stars Associated Press - 20 August 2014 03:21-04:00 News Topics: General news, Sports, NFL football, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Michael Vick, Drew Brees, Adam Vinatieri, George Blanda, Phil Dawson, Matt Bryant, Jay Feely, Brian Moorman, Shane Lechler, Sebastian Janikowski, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Santana Moss, Steve Smith, Charles Woodson, Champ Bailey, Adrian Wilson, Ryan Clark, Lance Briggs, New York Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is NEW YORK (AP) — There's something stunning happening on Michael Vick's head.
- "title" value is Age no opponent for some of NFL's veteran stars
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-08-19T23:21:00-04:00