Mariota threw for 329 yards and five touchdowns to stay in contention for the Heisman Trophy and help Oregon hold off Washington State 38-31 Saturday night in a matchup of two of the top offenses in the nation.
Wes Welker's receiving stats over a productive NFL career are impressive. Still, there's another set of numbers associated with him that cannot be ignored: three concussions, nine months.
Commissioner Roger Goodell says the NFL wants to implement new personal conduct policies by the Super Bowl.
Click "play" on the video for Craig's interview with Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard.
With no picks in this year's NBA draft, the Portland Trail Blazers still made news in offering All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge a maximum contract extension.
Portland's Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Aldridge made the All-NBA third team.
Marcus Mariota accounted for four touchdowns in the first half of No. 3 Oregon's season-opening 62-13 win against South Dakota on Saturday night. He threw for 267 yards and three touchdowns, and then ran for one more before sitting out the final two quarters.
Eight Duck and Beaver football players spent a day on the McKenzie River with kids from Candlelighters, a non-profit organization for children affected by cancer.
An investigation into an alleged sexual assault by two Providence College basketball players, including former UO basketball player, Brandon Austin, has concluded with no charges, the Rhode Island attorney general's office said Wednesday.
Oregon State quarterback Sean Mannion passed for 328 yards and one touchdown and rushed for another score Saturday to pace the Beavers to a 29-14 victory over Portland State.
Grant Palmer singled home the go-ahead run in the sixth inning and UC Irvine went on to upset No. 1 national seed Oregon State 4-2 on Monday night to win the NCAA Corvallis regional.
Oregon State has fired Craig Robinson after six seasons without making the NCAA tournament.
The CEO of the company that provides food and catering at Timbers and Mariners games and was caught on camera abusing a dog has resigned, the company announced Tuesday.
Robbie Keane scored twice to help the Los Angeles Galaxy beat the Portland Timbers 3-1 on Saturday.
Diego Valeri broke a tie in the 82nd minute and the Portland Timbers held off Montreal 3-2 on Sunday night to extend the Impact's losing streak to five games.
Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer head-butted his wife and broke her nose after she refused his sexual advances, and punched her in the face the next day, police said Thursday.
It was a battle to the end, and to a draw, but not on the ice; instead, KATU’s Steve Dunn, Angelica Thornton and Kerry Tomlinson took on the Portland Winterhawks’ Keoni Texeira, Ethan Price and Layne Viveiros in the TV station’s parking lot.
Hours after reversing course and benching Adrian Peterson indefinitely, Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said Wednesday that the team "made a mistake" in bringing back its superstar following his indictment on a felony child-abuse charge in Texas.
The NFL players' union appealed Ray Rice's indefinite suspension Tuesday night, saying that he shouldn't be punished twice for punching his fiancee in a casino elevator.
He was at Nike's corporate headquarters Tuesday for the unveiling of his new shoe, the LeBron 12. It is his first new shoe with Nike since he returned this summer to the Cavs.
A U.S. senator threatened the NFL with legislation over Washington's nickname, a letter was dispatched to the other 31 team owners, and the issue was linked to the league's others recent troubles Tuesday as the anti-"Redskins" movement took its cause to Capitol Hill.
For as long as he's been in the NFL, Adrian Peterson has been one of the most popular and most marketable stars in the league, an approachable superstar with the kind of inspirational comeback story that made him an endorser's dream.
Adrian Peterson is coming back to the Minnesota Vikings two days after he was charged with child abuse for using a wooden switch to spank his 4-year-old son.
Emily Younker isn't getting married until next year but she's already made sure the date doesn't conflict with college football and sent one invitation: To Big Al, the elephant mascot of the University of Alabama Crimson Tide.
In the span of five days, America's favorite sport bombarded fans with a video of one player punching his wife, details about a former MVP hitting his son with a tree branch, reminders of two more lingering domestic violence cases - all being overseen by a commissioner, Roger Goodell, who has looked ill-suited to handle any of it.
Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson's booking on a child abuse charge Saturday has created another crisis for the embattled NFL, already derided for not responding strongly enough to acts of domestic violence by its players.
Hours after the players' union voted Friday to accept an NFL proposal on drug policy changes that included HGH testing, the league says it is not a done deal.
The Minnesota Vikings benched Adrian Peterson for Sunday's game after his attorney said he had been indicted by a Texas grand jury on a charge of child abuse.
Life can change in a second in the batter's box. That's roughly the amount of time, sometimes less, that a major league hitter has to decide whether to swing at a pitch - or perhaps duck out of the way.
AP Headlines Testentry-parentNode05:
- "content" value is ICYMI: NFL's off-field issues in news; QB catches Associated Press - 22 September 2014 04:54-04:00 News Topics: Sports, Athlete injuries, NFL football, Athlete health, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Roger Goodell, DeMaurice Smith, Ray Rice, John Harbaugh, Andy Dalton, Mohamed Sanu, Johnny Manziel, Kyle Shanahan, Brian Hoyer, Chris Baker, Nick Foles, Matt Cassel, Teddy Bridgewater, Josh McCown, Blake Bortles, Chad Henne, Carson Palmer, Stephen Tulloch, Aaron Rodgers Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is There will be plenty of NFL off-field news to talk about yet again over the coming week, when Commissioner Roger Goodell is supposed to meet with players' union leader DeMaurice Smith to discuss how to fix the league's personal-conduct policy.
- "title" value is ICYMI: NFL's off-field issues in news; QB catches
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-09-22T00:54:00-04:00
- "content" value is NFL vetting process: There are no sure things Associated Press - 22 September 2014 11:10-04:00 News Topics: General news, Sports, College football, NFL football, Crime, College sports, Football, Professional football People, Places and Companies: Ray Rice, Aaron Hernandez, Jameis Winston Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is By the time the typical player signs an NFL contract, around 100 scouts, coaches and general managers have pored over his history.
- "title" value is NFL vetting process: There are no sure things
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-09-22T07:10:00-04:00
- "content" value is Cowboys, Eagles and Ravens pull off comeback wins Associated Press - 22 September 2014 07:19-04:00 News Topics: Sports, Sports transactions, Athlete injuries, NFL football, Professional football, Sports business, Athlete health, Football People, Places and Companies: Tony Romo, Nick Foles, Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson, Terrance Williams, Bruce Carter, DeMarco Murray, Dez Bryant, Janoris Jenkins, Jordan Matthews, DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Chris Baker, Jason Peters, Justin Tucker, John Harbaugh, Ozzie Newsome, Marshawn Lynch, Zach Miller, Drew Stanton, John Brown, Tommy Kelly, Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Chad Henne, Blake Bortles, Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, Matt Cassel, Teddy Bridgewater, Philip Rivers, Eddie Royal, Malcom Floyd, Ryan Mathews, Danny Woodhead, Rashad Jennings, Eli Manning, Victor Cruz, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Arian Foster, Andy Dalton, Mohamed Sanu, Tyler Thigpen, Rob Bironas, Tom Brady, Stephen Gostkowski, Vince Wilfork, Darren McFadden, Logan Ryan, Denarius Moore, Brett Favre, Don Carey, Aaron Rodgers, Reggie Bush, Alex Smith, Jamaal Charles, New York, Wisconsin, Kansas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Seattle, Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Washington, Kansas City, San Francisco, Texas, Dallas, Cleveland Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys were big-time comeback kids in Week 3 of the NFL season.
- "title" value is Cowboys, Eagles and Ravens pull off comeback wins
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-09-22T03:19:00-04:00
- "content" value is Kicking game: It is called football, after all Associated Press - 22 September 2014 17:49-04:00 News Topics: Sports, Professional football, Football, NFL football People, Places and Companies: Peyton Manning, Marshawn Lynch, Richard M. Sherman, Richard Sherman, Pete Carroll, Jon Ryan, Emmanuel Sanders, Tress Way, Chris Polk, Jordan Matthews, Nate Freese, Phil Dawson, Asa Jackson, Billy Cundiff, Damontre Moore, Shane Lechler, Eli Manning, Daniel Fells, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bill O'Brien, Shaun Suisham, Philadelphia Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is In the biggest game of the NFL season so far, the winning coach said the game wasn't decided by superstars Peyton Manning, Marshawn Lynch or Richard Sherman. The MVP, Seattle coach Pete Carroll said, was punter Jon Ryan.
- "title" value is Kicking game: It is called football, after all
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-09-22T13:49:00-04:00
- "content" value is Owner: 'No misinformation' by Ravens on Rice Associated Press - 22 September 2014 17:29-04:00 News Topics: General news, Sports, Assault and battery, Sports transactions, Sports governance, NFL football, Violent crime, Crime, Sports business, Professional football, Football People, Places and Companies: Ray Rice, Ozzie Newsome, Roger Goodell, John Harbaugh, Robert Mueller, Maryland Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- "summary" value is OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) — Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti criticized a report that suggests he and other team officials tried to persuade the NFL to be lenient on Ray Rice after the running back was arrested for knocking out his then-fiancee in an Atlantic City elevator.
- "title" value is Owner: 'No misinformation' by Ravens on Rice
- "link" value is
- "published" value is 2014-09-22T13:29:00-04:00