A part of my "wonderful" morning

I woke to a wonderful/terrible morning.

So, I woke up to a text message when I was supposed to be sleeping in. So, ok, not that bad, right? Just inconvenient. Walked into the living room and saw that outside was radiant with the sun still rising. I was like "I have to take a picture of that". So, I went around taking all sorts of pictures. I go into my dad's room and see an awesome photo from his window, right next to the deck. I go over to the deck and go outside. I take a few more pictures and try to go back inside. Apparently the deck door locks itself after you. So, here I am, these great pictures on my camera, in my pj's, no socks or shoes, ten feet away from the ground, right next to some roof, no phone, and the only other person living with me won't get home from work for another eight hours or so. I am screwed, basically. But at least I have my pictures. Small conciliation. First I climbed over the railing, and got onto the roof, with the cement looming under me. Tried to go one way. Decided it was a terrible idea changing out ten feet to the ground for thirty with slick snow covering the roof and I was already sliding some, so I went back. In normal conditions it would have been a great idea. The snow is freezing powder that super sticks to you. Can't feel my feet. Wedged between the railing and the roof. Decide that I can probably hang from the railing just low enough to land in the two foot wide span of flower bed dirt. So, I grab it, and hang down, my arms feel pathetic. I drop down another foot, onto the deck right below the railing. My fingers feel like they are going to fall off. My feet are now about two or three feet from the ground, but my head is still about eight or nine, where my eyes are. My arms give, and I fall into the flower bed, my butt landed on the cement. But, it was covered in four inches of snow, so it didn't hurt. I got slivers in my hand, and a stick went up my pant pj's. I have a couple scratches, one on my leg, one on my arm, and several on my hands (I don't find those until after I can feel my hands again), but I made it out fine. Then I remembered that the doors were locked because I hadn't gone outside except for on the other deck. Luckily I knew where the spare key was...twenty-five feet of snow away from me. Bare feet still. So, I curl up in a ball, warm my feet, and make a dash for it. I get it, and make it inside. Soup, tea, warmer pj's, bandaids and getting my camera off the deck I left it on later, I can't help but wonder if the snow saved me, or condemned me. I have yet to decide if this morning is wonderful or terrible, because sadly, it’s not even ten yet.

On the bright side, I got beautiful pictures and I think I might go sledding later! Karma has to be saying "She must not have learned her lesson. I'll see how else she can hurt herself on accident". Also, I can’t seem to get the video to upload where I show where I was at, and where I fell, the roof I tried to walk across, ect. If you want to see it, I put it on youtube, so people can.

This story is inappropriate and should be flagged for moderation. Please choose from one of the following options:

You have indicated this comment should be removed.


The comment has been submitted for review. Thank you .

Sueso says ... on Saturday, Feb 26 at 4:34 PM

I'm sorry, but this was a GREAT story and sooo terrible/funny! Thanks for sharing your humiliation with us and near death experience! Wow, be careful out there! :)

Add a comment


Comment: 250 Characters Left

KATU.com and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.