Come see me, Smokey Bear & Ranger Rick at the FREE National Get Outdoors Day Celebration 2010, put on in cooperation with the City of Vancouver, Vancouver/Clark County Parks and Recreation, Washington Department of Natural Resources.
“Our Get Outdoors Day co-sponsors have pulled together a bigger and better event for 2010 with lots of fun outdoor activities to learn about and try first-hand,” said Robin Rose, Gifford Pinchot recreation program manager. “Our goal is to get everyone, particularly kids, out into the great outdoors this summer, whether on a national forest trail or in the heart of the city.”
Come to the Vancouver City Water Resource Education Center, 4600 SE Columbia Way, Saturday, June 12th, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Come on down and experience:
• Expert-guided Morning family fun walk
• Conservation in your own backyard, such as water-wise and wildlife friendly gardening
• How to maintain outdoor furniture
• Live birds of prey to see up close and person
• Information on places to recreate in your city/county parks, state parks and nearby national forests
• Outdoor activities; such as climbing, archery, orienteering, kayaking, canoeing, disk-golf and much more!
• Biking demonstration by ‘Bad Monkey’ Bike Shop
• Outdoor camping gear demonstrations
• Dutch Oven cooking
• Outdoor skills to keep you and your family safe while exploring the outdoors
• A paddle in the Big Canoe with the Lower Columbia River Estuary Partnership
• Kayak with Alder Creek Kayak and Canoe
• Tasty food from Burgerville’s NOMAD for sale
• Disc-golf with Vancouver/Clark Park and Recreation
• Dutch Oven cooking demonstration
More information on National Get Outdoors Day and Kids in the Woods can be found at: http://www.nationalgetoutdoorsday.org/